Ford 445C transmission question

/ Ford 445C transmission question #1  

rwendel

Tractor
Case 75C Farmall, Ford 2120, Ford 4000, Ford 8000, Kubota BX1800, Farmall 140
I have a 445C with a shuttle shift 8x8 transmission with torque converter and and no clutch pedal. I have owned about 3 years and has always worked perfectly until about a month ago it started skipping when putting in forward and reverse. It’s like I had a declutch button pushed and let go but it doesn’t have one. Once it is pulling it won’t do it, only when changing direction and some days it won’t do it at all. Could this be an electrical issue, I’m guessing it has some sort of solenoid attached to the shift handle. I took it to my local tractor shop (New Holland) and that was useless. Any of you folks have any experience with these? Thanks

/ Ford 445C transmission question #2  
I was in parts when these came out, not the shop, but they did have a de-clutch pedal on the front of the left floor board, same as my 345C, there is a switch and several small wires under there that may need attention. Also the forward reverse lever is prone to corrosion in the contacts, we sold hundreds of them even when they were newer. Wish I knew more To tell you to check.

/ Ford 445C transmission question
Thank you for the reply, I will check the shift handle. Do you remember how 3rd function valves were added to the industrial tractors to operate a grapple and such. I would like to add one to my other tractor, a 1998 545D but can’t find any information about it. Only to use a rear remote and hoses up to the loader but didn’t really want to do that. Any ideas?

/ Ford 445C transmission question #4  
Best I remember, our guys put an electric splitter in the bucket circuit and the button on the loader control

Best I remember, our guys put an electric splitter in the bucket circuit and the button on the loader control
Was that a Ford part or aftermarket part? You’re the first person that has offered some help figuring this out. I appreciate it

/ Ford 445C transmission question #6  
I’ve got two 545d’s and joecdeere has been spot on with his advice. I don’t have a 3rd function on either of mine but if I was going to install one I’d call SUMMIT HYDRAULICS and talk to them. They could probably tell you which WR Long 3rd function kit they sell that would work.

/ Ford 445C transmission question #7  
Aftermarket, Ford just never seemed to get on board with this kind of option, I agree with the above, Summit seems to be very knowledgeable and willing to help

/ Ford 445C transmission question #8  
I agree that it is probably a bad shift lever causing the intermittent problem with the shifting.
Also, Ford's 3rd valve for 4-1 was another valve next to the joystick that you had to take your hand off of the loader joystick to operate. The Summit or similar electro valve is the best, cleanest solution both in operation and plumbing.

Also, if any of these are 4WD, make sure you check your front differential oil level AND grease the axle pivots. Especially the rear pivot on the front axle as it has a rather small oring that seals the pivot. If it leaks, kiss your front axle reversing box goodbye!

I’ve got two 545d’s and joecdeere has been spot on with his advice. I don’t have a 3rd function on either of mine but if I was going to install one I’d call SUMMIT HYDRAULICS and talk to them. They could probably tell you which WR Long 3rd function kit they sell that would work.
Thanks, I’ve called WR Long because I purchased one from them in the past. They said they don’t have anything that will work on a Ford Industrial tractor which I don’t understand and could not offer any suggestions for me.

/ Ford 445C transmission question #10  
Options to customize your loader: