Ford 4610 Additional remotes

/ Ford 4610 Additional remotes #1  

xicor

Tractor
Ford 4610
I have a ford 4610 with the deluxe rear remotes and auxiliary engine mounted hydraulic pump. I currently have my loader plumbed into the rear remotes but looking to upgrade the loader controls to a more forward mount (joystick or twin stick TBD) and free up the rear remotes to use with a top and tilt setup.

This is the plate mounted currently running from the engine mounted pump and to the rear remotes IMG_1824.jpg

Options i've thought of. Please pick apart or let me know if there are better ones i'm missing

1) Remove the output of the plate, run it to a open center valve for the loader with a PB port, run the output of the PB port back to the line running to the rear remotes. I believe this would give priority flow to the loader but when the loader is not actuated the rear remotes would still get full flow.

2) Use an electrically actuated port multiplier ( I don't really like this option as it gets pricey quick and still doesn't give me forward controls)

3) Tie down one rear remote, and run the open center valve off of it and use the other rear remote for a hydraulic top link. When i wanted to use the loader I would have to click the first remote down to be always 'on'

Any other thoughts? I think #1 is my best option, and not 100% sure if #3 would work.

Last edited:
   / Ford 4610 Additional remotes #2  
Yeah, first option sounds the best.

If you decide to do this post some pics and an update of how you did it.

/ Ford 4610 Additional remotes #3  
Option 1 is the best, BUT.
You need a Closed Center Load Sensing valve with a signal line. The pressure input to that valve can be Teed into the supply line feeding your existing remotes because those valves are actually CCLS valves themselves. The new signal line can be Teed into your existing (small) signal line provided that shuttle check valves or a shuttle tee are properly installed to prevent signal oil from one valve from backfeeding into a valve not in use.
A simple open center PB capable loader valve will not work as a component of option 1.

#2 will work and may not be as expensive as you think when other options are budgeted.
#3 will work, the other available remote will not have full flow when the remote feeding the loader valve is stroked. The hitch will have priority and work at normal speed at the expense of approximately 1/2 of the combined flow to the remotes.

/ Ford 4610 Additional remotes
Option 1 is the best, BUT.
You need a Closed Center Load Sensing valve with a signal line. The pressure input to that valve can be Teed into the supply line feeding your existing remotes because those valves are actually CCLS valves themselves. The new signal line can be Teed into your existing (small) signal line provided that shuttle check valves or a shuttle tee are properly installed to prevent signal oil from one valve from backfeeding into a valve not in use.
A simple open center PB capable loader valve will not work as a component of option 1.

#2 will work and may not be as expensive as you think when other options are budgeted.
#3 will work, the other available remote will not have full flow when the remote feeding the loader valve is stroked. The hitch will have priority and work at normal speed at the expense of approximately 1/2 of the combined flow to the remotes.

Thanks Rick, exactly what i needed to know. Some quick googling this morning i'm not finding many CCLS valves. Looks like they are hard to come by and very expensive.

If I go option 3, is it as simple as one line from the rear remote goes to the input of the OC loader valve and the output of the OC loader valve goes back to the 2nd port of the rear remote? The circuit then works as long as the rear remote is in the 'down' position. What if I put it in the 'up position' so fluid runs the opposite direction? Are the controls on the loader valve just reversed then as well?

Is there any concern with fluid or the rear remote heating up running the whole time vs a normal closed system?

Thanks

/ Ford 4610 Additional remotes #5  
Option 3. Yes, in and out. Reversing the flow can potentially damage the spool seals of the loader valve by putting high pressure on what should be the return circuit of the valve. There are no heating concerns if installed properly.

Great, thanks for the confirmation. I think I'll go route 3 for now and just do a top link for now. If i find myself needing a tilt I suppose i can do the same thing off the 2nd remote.

Appreciate the help!

/ Ford 4610 Additional remotes #7  
I have a 3930 with the same issue. The loader is supplied by one of the rear remotes and the return is hard piped into one of the fills on the rear end. Frankly I have not investigated to see if the discharge is below fluid level to minimize foaming, but overheating has not been a problem. Summit Summit Hydraulics: Hydraulic Quick Couplers and Multiplier Valves offers both mechanical and solenoid operated diverters (2 for 1). If/when I decide to put a TNT I will probably go the route of a a manual 2 for 1 in the 3-400 range.

I have a 3930 with the same issue. The loader is supplied by one of the rear remotes and the return is hard piped into one of the fills on the rear end. Frankly I have not investigated to see if the discharge is below fluid level to minimize foaming, but overheating has not been a problem. Summit Summit Hydraulics: Hydraulic Quick Couplers and Multiplier Valves offers both mechanical and solenoid operated diverters (2 for 1). If/when I decide to put a TNT I will probably go the route of a a manual 2 for 1 in the 3-400 range.

Any advantage to running the return direct to the rear axle vs back into the valve?

To complete this thread, I ended up running out of the CCLS remote, to my new joystick, and back into the CCLS. Works great. I click down to the first detente then can operate the loader. The second CCLS valve allowed me to add a hydraulic top link. Still need to get some shorter hydraulic lines to clean up this mess a bit but it works enough until those show up in the mail. Thanks again for the inputIMG_1961.jpgIMG_1960.jpg