Ford 4610, Starter Stuck Engaged

/ Ford 4610, Starter Stuck Engaged #21  
I like the park brake indicator idea!!! Please do a writeup when completed!!! Thanks.

/ Ford 4610, Starter Stuck Engaged #22  
And yet you complain that they are pricey? Really?

I'll bet for $6 they don't plug and play like the OEM switch. But whatever.

Pricy "sir" is the ignition switch in another answer to this post, not the one you quoted about a $6 battery disconnect switch, you know the thingamabob-hootus you put in series with your positive lead from the battery that has nothing to do with the ignition switch other than limit power to it when open.

/ Ford 4610, Starter Stuck Engaged #23  
I had a similar problem with my Ford/New Holland backhoe. I tried fixing it, but it happened again. Then I took it to a repair shop in Tyler that I paid to fix it, but didn't. When it happened again, I went to my dealer and they told me of another place to take it that they use with good results. That place told me that the starter was a POS and that they wouldn't work on it, or anything else from Eastern Europe. I want to say Romania, but I don't have a lot of confidence in that. Anyway, they said that they would sell me a brand new Bosch starter that they guaranteed would solve my issues. I think I paid over $200 for that starter back in or around 2005. It's still working great today!!!!

/ Ford 4610, Starter Stuck Engaged #24  
Pricy "sir" is the ignition switch in another answer to this post, not the one you quoted about a $6 battery disconnect switch, you know the thingamabob-hootus you put in series with your positive lead from the battery that has nothing to do with the ignition switch other than limit power to it when open.

OK. That said, I hope the amp rating on that $6 disconnect switch is in the range of several hundred. If not, it's no bargain and will result in voltage drop to the cranking circuit over time.

/ Ford 4610, Starter Stuck Engaged #25  
FWIW. I rip/replace every single wire on all these old tractors. It only takes a couple hours to install a new harness. If the switch is good, it stays. An engaged/half engaged/weak starter can take some life out of a ring gear too. That couple $$ saved on cheap parts and short cuts will get blown out the window when you have to split it.