Ford 4630 pto problems

/ Ford 4630 pto problems #1  

BQZ

When I first start my Tractor and turn on my PTO it runs perfect,but if I run the PTO for a good while (cutting hay)and then shut it off,it won't come back on until the next day.
Any ideas as to why this happens.
I have changed hyd.relief valve ,filter and hyd.fluid.

/ Ford 4630 pto problems #2  
have you checked pressure to the pto clutch valve?

if you search the cnh parts site, under transmission.. you can get an exploded diagram..

soundguy

/ Ford 4630 pto problems #3  
Is the rear axle/hydraulic reservoir filled properly? A common mistake is thinking the transmission/hydraulics/rear axle is a common sump and checking/filling the transmission and ignoring the rear axle/ hydraulic reservior.

/ Ford 4630 pto problems #4  
I am experiencing the same problem. Mine still engages and works fine, just slow to engage. Does not slip either after engaging. All other hydraulics work fine, levels and filters are new. The tractor only has 1500 hours on it. I suspect the pto pressure regulator or the control valve. The pto disengages as it should although the pto brake is not as strong as it once was. This could possibly be to low control pressure. The clutch does not slip which makes me think that the control valve could be a problem and the control pressure is fine. If anyone has fixed this problem, please post.

It would be nice to get a view from someone that has been there. Thank you.

/ Ford 4630 pto problems #5  
My 4630 seems to run good but when I am mowing heavy hay and circle the end sometimes the pto will slow up then speed back up. Does the adjusting bolt at the pto engage lever adjust
this type of problem?

/ Ford 4630 pto problems #6  
I'd be checking the pressure for the ind pto clutch ckt

/ Ford 4630 pto problems #7  
I'm wondering if your not moving the pto lever to the full engage position?....I'm sort of new to the 30 series New Holland tractors as well, as I purchased a 3930 last year. Got a manual for it so I could learn some of the operations/functions of it...I'm used to 8n's and 70's vintage tractors... Anyway, if the threaded bolt you mention is the one I'm thinking of...its there for an adjustment for the initial pto engagement....move the lever to that position and it should get the pto rolling....then after 5 seconds, move the lever fully forward (past that bolt) for complete pto engagement.

Just thought you may not be moving the lever fully forward past the bolt, and its causing the pto clutch to be partially engaged at times...I believe the manual warns against operating the pto like that....not good for the clutch....