Ford 5.4L Triton V8 is crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Ford 5.4L Triton V8 is crap #91  
Just read all nine pages quess the movie I was watching sucked but let's face it every company has junk and the odds the guy that gets it will spout off on the net about it as I never complain about my vechiles that have 200,000 plus.

All in all biggest problem thay all have is the goverment regs

/ Ford 5.4L Triton V8 is crap #92  
Dmace said:
So thousands of people have a common problem with an engine like Ford's 5.4l spitting plugs or the 6.0l diesel blowing head gaskets or the 6.4l diesel crapping out with a poorly designed fuel system, all of which are well documented and because it didn't happen to your 6 trucks or your two neighbors, those engines are great.
Yet on the flip side, you have a couple of problems which are NOT common and hard to find anyone else with the same problems yet it's "junk". The only thing "plain and simple" is the fact you have no idea how condescending your rediculous comments are.
Take off the blue oval sun glasses already...

If ignorance is bliss, you must be extremely happy...

/ Ford 5.4L Triton V8 is crap #93  
ljohnson778 said:
If ignorance is bliss, you must be extremely happy...
Typical Ford fan, can't come up with any facts or intelligent comments so just make personal attacks on everyone that doesn't agree with them. Grow up!

/ Ford 5.4L Triton V8 is crap #94  
A LOT of Ford Kool Aid drinkers here!!
If you google Ford spark plug blowing out you will find that it has been a problem since 1992 on 4-6-8-10 cylinder engines as they introduced them up until 2004. Read the Time Sert instructions on applications too. Ford's response, plugs weren't torqued properly.
And then they started making plugs that just break off. Nice fix!
If you visit the motor home forums they have problems with the 460 heads breaking off where the last manifold bolts go. The fix? Replace the heads and wait for them to break again. Some tried welding, temp fix. Tried drilling bolt hole deeper, hit water jacket.

Why were there bail outs? They kept excessive union pay and benifits in place.

/ Ford 5.4L Triton V8 is crap #95  
If you google Ford spark plug blowing out you will find that it has been a problem since 1992 on 4-6-8-10 cylinder engines as they introduced them up until 2004. Read the Time Sert instructions on applications too. Ford's response, plugs weren't torqued properly.
If you visit the motor home forums they have problems with the 460 heads breaking off where the last manifold bolts go. The fix? Replace the heads and wait for them to break again. Some tried welding, temp fix. Tried drilling bolt hole deeper, hit water jacket.

There you go it always comes down to be the unions fault.Why is it no one ever mentions it might be the CEO,s or VP,s running the company or there large pay outs?coobie.

Last edited:
   / Ford 5.4L Triton V8 is crap #96  

Ford did not take bail out maoney.

/ Ford 5.4L Triton V8 is crap #98  
Ford did not take bail out maoney.
Tom,
Please -Don't confuse them with facts. Not only did Ford not take the bail out dollars (out of my pocket), they also mortgaged the company to the hilt including the trademark I do believe. This has nothing to do with 5.4's good or bad. The facts are Ford took less money out of our pockets than GM and unlike Mopar, will remain an American company.

By the way, I think they have paid a big chunk of their note off.

/ Ford 5.4L Triton V8 is crap #99  
Tom,
Please -Don't confuse them with facts. Not only did Ford not take the bail out dollars (out of my pocket), they also mortgaged the company to the hilt including the trademark I do believe. This has nothing to do with 5.4's good or bad. The facts are Ford took less money out of our pockets than GM and unlike Mopar, will remain an American company.

By the way, I think they have paid a big chunk of their note off.

Regardless of the bailout. I think some people will bash anything. I have personally driven aover 400,000 with the Ford engines with no major issues(cop, fuel pump) and of the other vans in the fleet in the last 10 years I know of none of my coworkers in my area having any engine problems. There are over 400 Ford vans in our fleet.

I got a bowtie and a oval sitting in the carport and until 1998 never owned a Ford in my life. They have given me good service so far. I previously worked in a fleet that was probaly 90% GM and 10% Ford. They all have there problems. We replaced a lot of GM engines. But in my opinion in the race to get more power, more mileage and lighter weights all of them haven given up some durability.

/ Ford 5.4L Triton V8 is crap #100  
Come on, folks. Personal attacks and brand bashing are not permitted on TBN. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.