Ford 545C skip loader transmission problems

/ Ford 545C skip loader transmission problems #1  

Hankins

I have a Ford 545C with transmission problems. I have the 8x8 power reversing transmission. the transmission keeps slipping in and out of gear, after about 5 to 10 minutes of operation. forward or reverse, doesn't matter. same problem and gets worse the longer its running.

the tractor will work ok for about an hour with minimal sliping out of gear, if it rests for about 2 to 3 hours I can only get about 30 minutes of use until I have to park it. sometimes it will work better in forward for a while then it starts acting up then reverse works good for a while. when it starts acting up the only way to get it to move is to slow engine speed to low idle then transmission picks up and away we go, (for a minute)

I hope that the is somthing simple and not requiring major work.

thanks

/ Ford 545C skip loader transmission problems #2  
If you are hoping for simple, let's start with the simple stuff. When did you last change the transmission filter? Is it full of clean oil?

/ Ford 545C skip loader transmission problems
The transmission filter was replaced about 3 months ago, but before that it was probably 5 years since it had been changed. it is full of clean hydraulic oil, actually you have to overfill(above the full mark on the stick) it in order for the tractor to move.