Backhoe ford 550 backhoe not changing gear when engine is running

/ ford 550 backhoe not changing gear when engine is running
Hello Tractor Tech

If I was to get two good car mechanics and we assume I use a combination of directions from you and pmsmechanic [probably an internet link such as Skype so you can see what is going on, could I probably fix the clutch issue myself?

/ ford 550 backhoe not changing gear when engine is running #12  
Hello Tractor Tech

If I was to get two good car mechanics and we assume I use a combination of directions from you and pmsmechanic [probably an internet link such as Skype so you can see what is going on, could I probably fix the clutch issue myself?

If you are going to use this route I'd be tempted to use some of the mechanics that have previously worked on the machine. My experience in Haiti has been that they are quite willing to learn and they have the experience of taking the tractor apart once already. I don't have Skype at this point in time but pictures posted here would be adequate for me.

As far as going to Ghana i'd be interested but I've already committed to going to Haiti to help drill water wells and repair equipment there.

/ ford 550 backhoe not changing gear when engine is running #13  
Definitely you can get it fixed with a couple of good auto mechanics, preparation with the right parts before you start and a little instruction.
It is actually a larger, simpler clutch system you will find in a car, just heavier.
I prefer tractors over vehicles as there is more room to work!