Ford 555 backhoe buckets

/ Ford 555 backhoe buckets #1  

Johnvonlinsowe

I am looking for a 12" backhoe bucket for my Ford 555. Are any other brands compatible with the Ford 555? Case, etc? TIA

/ Ford 555 backhoe buckets #2  
You have to measure the pins and if you look around you can find a used bucket...

/ Ford 555 backhoe buckets #3  
Pretty sure older Ford and now Ford/New Holland are the perfect fit. If you have any older FNH dealer around that sell both farm and construction eq. check their lot, may find something laying around out back. Used equipment dealers are a good source too, here most have a hodge podge row of misc. items they have picked up. Tractor salvage yards too. I saw 4-5 laying at one last Fall on our Black Friday run, never know what those guys will pick up at auctions or get brought into them for trading stock. I always head for the "rust row", never know what you'll find.

/ Ford 555 backhoe buckets #4  
Ford, Ford New Holland and New Holland buckets from 1983- current will fit. Prior to the 555, the 4500 and 550 backhoe had smaller pins.

As DJ54 said though, a variety of stuff in dealer lots and salvage yards. 12" buckets are very hard to find used though as they are in highest demand.

/ Ford 555 backhoe buckets #5  
Yes, backhoe buckets from other brands like Case, John Deere, or Caterpillar may be compatible with the Ford 555, but it's best to check here vwmanuals.org compatibility with a dealer or manufacturer

Last edited: