Ford 5600 serial number

/ Ford 5600 serial number #1  

joeu235

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4020 / 6403 / 317 Ford 5600
Just picked this Ford 5600 up from an auction. Trying to find the serial number. Web search says upper right of transmission cover but i sure can't find it. Anybody have a pic that i can reference?

20181018_165427.jpg

/ Ford 5600 serial number #2  
Looking at your picture, the # will be on the casting near the starter. There is a flat surface on the casting just above where those 2 big bolt are.

Nice tractor. Mind sharing the auction price?

/ Ford 5600 serial number
THANK YOU! 1976 model.

$3950 with the buyers premium from an Alcoa plant closing auction. It came with a front end loader that I have to go back and pick up. I had to buy it off pictures only and didn't see in person until today. I plan to rebuild the hydraulic cylinders on the loader and sell the loader. I figured that if the tractor was complete junk I could at least break even selling the front weights, loader, and parting out the rest.

The tractor started right up with jumper cables and I drove it on the trailer Back tires are worse than I expected. I'll have to replace them before I use it for something that I need 100% reliability. I'll check the PTO & hydraulics this weekend.

/ Ford 5600 serial number #5  
That's a nice looking 5600 especially for the $$$$. I custom raked hay for many years with a Ford 6700 that the rear tires looked a lot more worn/cracked than tires in photo with no major problems until I found a set of good used rear tires for $400

/ Ford 5600 serial number
Anyone have experience with the Jensales operators manulas or I&T shop manuals? Are they worth buying?