Ford 631 stuck clutch.

/ Ford 631 stuck clutch.
When the clutch gets resistance, before but close to runningboard, there is no turning of the clutch shaft. The short rod from clutch shaft to clutch adjustment bolt just flexes a little bit.
This happened, as far as i know, after tractor sat awhile.
If the clutch is stuck to flywheel, i would think the clutch shaft would still turn some as it tries to disengage the clutch.
At work, so don't have the book in front of me.
Not exactly clear to me how the clutch works, is it the clutch shaft turning pushes the clutch bearing against the fingers, which pulls the clutch plate away from the flywheel?

/ Ford 631 stuck clutch. #12  
pin isn't broke is it?

/ Ford 631 stuck clutch.
20170325_121014_OH_farm_.jpg I assume pin from this arm to the clutch shaft, the way i see the arm to the clutch shaft flex when the clutch hits resistance at the bottom, i think the shaft is trying to turn, but cant.

/ Ford 631 stuck clutch. #14  
Explain flex, that small arm should have no flex.

/ Ford 631 stuck clutch.
Right end moves a little, don't see any movement on left end tapatalk_1511828185339.jpeg

/ Ford 631 stuck clutch.
   / Ford 631 stuck clutch.
Talked to dad last night about the tractor. He said he probably wont use it any more. He has torn his 8N apart before, rebuilt engines, etc..but not this one. He's 93, not going to tear it apart at his age. He knows how clutch should work and it doesnt make sense to him. He bought the 600 in the 90's. He said prev owner has the muffler welded to one of the boltheads where it splits.
I suggested he let the local NH dealer work on it, he said they don't know how to work on old tractors. The 3 pt won't stay up, he paid them twice to fix it and they didnt. He's pretty pissed at them, had to pay hauling both ways. said he told them they need to go in under the seat but they claimed they "fixed it" without doing that.

Dad also said he's scrapping the 8N body. He hauled it out of the barn to his scrap pile.

He still has his dad's 9N ( now dad says its an 8N), dont think its running any more, but at least it has all it's parts.

/ Ford 631 stuck clutch. #18  
I replaced a rear fender on the 8-N that I had because it was very rusty at the mount area.
I gave the old fender to a friend who wanted it for his Man Cave! It had FORD stamped on it.
American Pickers would probably have given me $1000. for it based on what they pay for crap on their show!!!
Check those old parts for collector items.

/ Ford 631 stuck clutch.
American pickers was near him this summer.

/ Ford 631 stuck clutch. #20  
yup.. to fix a lift that drops when the tractor is shut down, you have to go in under the seat / hyds cover. It will be a leak in the high pressure side of the circuit between ( inclusive of ) the check valve and the piston seal.