Ford 7.3 IDI Question/Problem

/ Ford 7.3 IDI Question/Problem #21  
newbury said:
Just stumbled on this thread.

The O/D light on my new to me 2002 F350 7.3 is flashing, no other problems, should I replace the TPS?
Test it out first. The procedure should be at that link.

/ Ford 7.3 IDI Question/Problem #22  
I would NOT just go throwing parts at. the FIRST thing is to get the code's scaned to send you in the right direction as there are several things that will set the OD light flashing. all that indicates is that there is a trouble code set.

The O/D light on my new to me 2002 F350 7.3 is flashing, no other problems, should I replace the TPS?

/ Ford 7.3 IDI Question/Problem #23  
I had the same problem with mine last summer. Ended up I had a small transmission fluid leak, and being low in oil there was a pressure drop going up hill. Fixed the leak, topped the oil level and the problem vanished. Might be the same problem !!??

/ Ford 7.3 IDI Question/Problem #24  

the od light did that on my 99 f350.. I had a leak at a top cab lamp.. a lil trickle of water was making it down the doorpost and onto the GEM module and fuse box...

I fixed the leak.. once I found out that is what it was.

cost me a GEM module in the end though..

soundguy

Last edited:
   / Ford 7.3 IDI Question/Problem #25  
I would NOT just go throwing parts at. the FIRST thing is to get the code's scaned to send you in the right direction as there are several things that will set the OD light flashing. all that indicates is that there is a trouble code set.
Does anyone know of a good link where these indicators are described and the potential problems listed in a table?
My Haynes "Ford Superduty F-250 & F-350 Pick-ups 1999-2010" doesn't have diddly, however it also states on page 6-15
Note: Diesel engines are not equipped with a throttle position sensor

So I'm questioning Haynes value.

/ Ford 7.3 IDI Question/Problem
I ended up buying a pack of o-rings. When I put them on the injectors I noticed that they fit a bit more tightly around the injector. I put some lube on the rings before I put them injector caps back down and haven't had a problem since.

/ Ford 7.3 IDI Question/Problem #27  
keep us posted!