Ford 755B Backhoe transmission issues

/ Ford 755B Backhoe transmission issues #1  

Gumboboy

Tractor
755B
I have a 755B Ford backhoe that won't move unless it warms up for a while. Seems to go from not driving at all to working just fine. Oil is good, doesn't smell and I put a new filter on. It won't move ahead or back until it runs for about 10 minutes, then suddenly it works just fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

/ Ford 755B Backhoe transmission issues #2  
Welcome to TBN!

The clutch seals are probably getting old and causing the clutch to not engage until the oil warms up.

My old (1978) 550 will crawl in low gear when it is cold and within a minute or so, it runs fine.

/ Ford 755B Backhoe transmission issues
Ok thanks. I would have thought it would work when cold and then when it warmed up the oil would bypass the seals.
I guess that means a split and then may as well change them all in there? Have you ever split one? Any tips? Thanks!

/ Ford 755B Backhoe transmission issues #4  
How many hours on the tractor?

It's been years since I've seen the inside of one. I may have a service manual on it. I'll let you know.

It shows 280 hrs. so I assume 10,280 hrs. but it sure seems in nice shape for that many. Pins are tight
and nothing bent or too wore. They really built these things heavy. It has no clutch really as it uses a
torque converter. I downloaded a manual off the internet so I have that. Just didn't want to split it unless I had to.
Thought maybe it was just a valve or sensor.

/ Ford 755B Backhoe transmission issues #6  
It may not have many hours, but the age would cause the seals to dry out. To verify my theory, I would first put a gauge on the clutches and system overall to determine what is going on.

Ok thanks for your help!