Ford 8210 and krone kr 130

/ Ford 8210 and krone kr 130 #1  

erjunnky107

Tractor
Ford 8210
Hello all me and my husband recently decide to make a big move and bought a 400 acre dairy farm in operation ( so we thought ) !!!!!! After we figured out what we got our selfs into after this grueling north country winter and running out of feed bc the former owner only put up enough feed for 20 cows and purchasing more to get us threw to pasture we decided that we did not want to do that agean. The former owner is contracted to do our field work for the next 3 years and things are going good. We bought our selfs a 100 hp ford 8210 with a cab and loader to help keep cost down on the feld work. We are renting a round bailer a krone kr 130 mini stop (net wrap) for the season with the option to buy at the season end we have bailed around 300 bails with it so far and are for the most part happy with the way it runs the only problem we have with it is that the net wrap does not go all the way to the edge of the bail Does anyone possibly know what we are doing wrong ?

/ Ford 8210 and krone kr 130 #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ Ford 8210 and krone kr 130 #3  
Hello & WELCOME to TBN!

I moved your thread to the Ag Tractors & Machinery Forum. :)

/ Ford 8210 and krone kr 130
Thanks

/ Ford 8210 and krone kr 130 #5  
I am not poisitive about that model Krone but not all net wrap balers went to the edge. They just wrapped the bale to hold it together but it was only just so wide and it couldn't go any wider. The balers now advertise edge wrap but you need the proper material to get it to wrap the edge.

/ Ford 8210 and krone kr 130 #6  
Not familiar with Krone balers, but familiar with net wrap in general. As the wrap comes off the roll, the may be a spreader roll. This would be a steal roller that has what appears to be large corse threads, almost like a fine auger. This should spread the wrap at least closer to the ends if you have it.

Thanks all for the input and to Barry "it should have a fine auger " no it does not all the rollers are smooth for feeding the net wrap but it's something to look for I guess the bails just don't look like the others iv seen with net wrap there all fluffy on the ends !!!! The ones that I see in other peoples feilds are all tight and uniform !!!!! Don't know if it's the hubby or the Bailer !!!!!!

/ Ford 8210 and krone kr 130 #8  
What's no all the way to the edge? An inch or 10 inches? Also what size net wrap are you using?

About 6 inches on each side and 48 inch net wrap

Update figured out what we were doing wrong !!!!! We listened to someone and shouldn't have thanks for the input and have a great hay season : )