Ford 850 zenith carb float sticking need help

/ Ford 850 zenith carb float sticking need help #1  

shealray

Tractor
Ford 850
I also have a 850 with a zenith carb, but after running 2 hours the tractor stops and I hit it on the side of the carb tractor runs. My guess the float is sticking. I am new to carb rebuilds so is there a easy way to fix a sicking float. Maybe carb cleaner ? I do not know how to identify the Zenith carb for a kit. Also could the glass bowl cause this issue. Thank you for your help.

I am new to site do you allow pictures to be uploaded if so how.
Thanks

/ Ford 850 zenith carb float sticking need help #2  
pull the carb and look for a number. or hit a parts site and see what carb fits your machine..

carbs on them prior fords are in 2 basic patterns. big mouth / small mouth / narrow / wide stud pattern

/ Ford 850 zenith carb float sticking need help
Newby question
How do I fix a sticking float? Do I sand, look for where it is rubing?
Thank you for your time.

/ Ford 850 zenith carb float sticking need help #4  
loof for wear spots, in case the hinge or pin is loose.

occasionally you get a heavy flaot that is pinholed.

hold float in a glass of hot watter.. pinholed ones will have a line of micro bubbles as the air heats and expands and exits.

sometimes you get sticky needles.. and if the flota has a tether to the needle.. it holds the float too.

loof for wear spots, in case the hinge or pin is loose.

occasionally you get a heavy flaot that is pinholed.

hold float in a glass of hot watter.. pinholed ones will have a line of micro bubbles as the air heats and expands and exits.

sometimes you get sticky needles.. and if the flota has a tether to the needle.. it holds the float too.
I am pulling the carb today to take a look. Let you know what I find out. I will do as you suggest.
Thanks

/ Ford 850 zenith carb float sticking need help #6  
good luck, we are all counting on you, no pressure!

Float works no marks in car bowl, so I am guessing the needles need to be replaced. Found this on the bottom of the carb B6NN-A . I think the Zeniths had a lot of series how to I find the correct series for a rebuild kit. Where can I get a rebuild kit?????

Thanks

Attachments

• Ford850Carborater6.jpg
    Ford850Carborater6.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 718
   / Ford 850 zenith carb float sticking need help #8  
find the zenith carb that a parts house reccomends for your machine. check the mouth and stud spacing. if it matches. it's a good bet that is the carb.

find the zenith carb that a parts house reccomends for your machine. check the mouth and stud spacing. if it matches. it's a good bet that is the carb.

I found another number 13877 this is the model number. Mike's carb had one to fit.

Thanks for the help.

I also have a 850 with a zenith carb, but after running 2 hours the tractor stops and I hit it on the side of the carb tractor runs. My guess the float is sticking. I am new to carb rebuilds so is there a easy way to fix a sicking float. Maybe carb cleaner ? I do not know how to identify the Zenith carb for a kit. Also could the glass bowl cause this issue. Thank you for your help.

I am new to site do you allow pictures to be uploaded if so how.
Thanks

I found the rebuild kit which had a little clip to add to the float. This holds the float needle up a little so it will not get stuck. The tractor runs so I am very happy. I see these old machines as a work of art and admire the people who designed them. They relied on sound mechanical practice to work and where made to last for generation. Not like this generation of farm equipment, cookie cutter design, short lived and expensive to repair.
Thanks for the assistance it is very much appreciated.