Ford 861

/ Ford 861
you'd be surprised. I've bought some pretty homely tractors ont he cheap that turned out to be real workhorses.

my 'hay mover' a ford 850 with a superior loader is one of my ugliest tractors... smokes.. rattles.. drips a lil.. but will pick up a 2000# in the loader and move it.. :)

Agreed Soundguy. I guess I don't plan on putting it in an parades. The previous owner had owned it for 15 years, said they never had an ounce of trouble..........lets hope it stays that way. :thumbsup:

/ Ford 861 #22  
most of mine could be parade ready.. but not that one I just told you about. in fact.. if you flattened a tire or two.. it would look like it was ready to be scrapped out.. :)

/ Ford 861 #23  
Here is a reference to a 703 loader mounted on an 861. This one is a diesel. Note the price their asking. Looks like that it has been parked outside somewhere for a good while. Check out the piston for a gear shift knob.

Ford 861 Tractor 1958 Findlay, Ohio, 45840

/ Ford 861
OK.......well, I will have to say my new ride looks as good if not better than that one, and for over half the price. Thanks kf4ude! ;)
The loader on the one in your link looks A LOT like the one that is on mine as well......I want to say it's identical. The only difference between the two is they have fenders, and I have wheel weights.

/ Ford 861 #25  
OK.......well, I will have to say my new ride looks as good if not better than that one, and for over half the price. Thanks kf4ude! ;)
The loader on the one in your link looks A LOT like the one that is on mine as well......I want to say it's identical. The only difference between the two is they have fenders, and I have wheel weights.

So, you got an 861 with a loader and wheel weights for $2000? If it has the pie weights, I am really jealous now! :thumbsup:

/ Ford 861
So, you got an 861 with a loader and wheel weights for $2000? If it has the pie weights, I am really jealous now! :thumbsup:

Yep.......pie weights. :licking:
Oh, the fenders are included too.....they just weren't on the tractor. That is one of my first projects along with two new front tires. Rears are good, will probably put tubes in them if they don't have. Then A LOT of engine degreaser all over the place and some elbow grease. I could hardly make out the gear map when I tried to shift the thing into gear it was so dirty.......

/ Ford 861 #28  
500$ of pie weights to boot.

more and more I hear.. the tractor (itself) cost him about 800$.. :)