Ford 8N finish mower size

/ Ford 8N finish mower size
Mine has four wheels, I think that is the best design but does cost a little more. The one's on four wheels also have a free floating top link.

This is the style I was looking at. Also thinking about other mowers as well....Fail mower perhaps?

Heck with all this rain even the grass in front of the house is almost knee high....if I let the dog out all I can see is his tail in the grass.....and more rain today, could be worse some people dont even have a house anymore.

What is better for tall grass.....I really dont' know much about fail mowers....I know we have a thread here somewhere...going to look for it.

/ Ford 8N finish mower size #12  
This is the style I was looking at. Also thinking about other mowers as well....Fail mower perhaps?

Heck with all this rain even the grass in front of the house is almost knee high....if I let the dog out all I can see is his tail in the grass.....and more rain today, could be worse some people dont even have a house anymore.

What is better for tall grass.....I really dont' know much about fail mowers....I know we have a thread here somewhere...going to look for it.

A flail mower would be better than a finish mower in tall grass, but would require a bit more HP per foot of width since you're turning a large drum with a bunch of blades hanging off it (sort of like a tiller). This is the 200 page thread on flail mowers:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...alk-flail-mowers-post1369556.html#post1369556