ford 8n got some storm duty

/ ford 8n got some storm duty #11  
Soundguy & EM:

glad those chickens didn't turn into poultry missiles! hate to be impaled by a flying beak! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Joking aside:

Also glad to hear you came through in good shape, lots of people didn't looks like a pretty bad one this year /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ ford 8n got some storm duty #12  
Chris and John,
I hope both of you and all the TBN'rs in FL came through the storm ok. I wanted to log on and check in with folks but I was without internet access this weekend and just picked up news on the radio.

Mark

/ ford 8n got some storm duty
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm supprised that you were able to catch all those chickens! )</font>

Hens were easy... roosters were a bit fiesty.. but I had a couple of juveniles that were tough.. and they yelled like you were going to eat them right on the spot...

Soundguy

Thanks. I did all the precautions.. picked up potential flying debri.. locked the animals in as secure a structure as I coul.. and filled an extra couple stock tanks for farm water. Luckily it stayed south of me by about 30 miles.. got a little wet and windy.. but that was it... a rehersal I guess.

Soundguy

/ ford 8n got some storm duty #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Chris and John,
I hope both of you and all the TBN'rs in FL came through the storm ok. I wanted to log on and check in with folks but I was without internet access this weekend and just picked up news on the radio. )</font>
Thanks Mark. The hurricane turned east and out to sea pretty far south of here in Jacksonville, and I'm inland so I didn't get ANY wind from it, just 2-3" of rain. However, only a few days before, by neighborhood was hit with a tornado caused by the weather system accompanying hurricane Bonnie.
I was lucky then that nothing bad happened to Mom's house or mine on the next street, the neighborhood within 100 feet of Mom's was pretty badly hit. Over 100 buildings damaged, 12 houses destroyed. It's quite a year for bad weather so far, and more are a comin! John

/ ford 8n got some storm duty #16  
So glad you and your family are well and didn't suffer any damage from the storm. So many people were totally devastated. Good to hear from you.

/ ford 8n got some storm duty #17  
I am happy to hear that both of you made it through with little damage and I certainly hope that continues for you and the other TBN'rs.

Keep your heads down and we are hoping for the best for you with this next storm.

Mark

/ ford 8n got some storm duty #18  
<font color="blue"> we are hoping for the best for you with this next storm. </font>
There's only one storm in the Atlantic or Caribbean ( click here ) and it's headed towards England. So, Soundguy is safe for a while. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks goodness.. My arms are tired of rounding up livestock and taking down tarps.. and hauling water buckets.

Soundguy