Ford 8N owner ready to go with LS

/ Ford 8N owner ready to go with LS #31  
Little blue, I also got a reply back form LS today,seems there is a lot going on with a new model rolling out,redoing there e-mail system, and as you stated redoing there web page. Also heard back from my dealer today..tractor should be arriving at his dealership sometime today and ready to be delivered the first of the week HEY.

That's great -- good luck sleeping till then! I don't even have to mention the picture thing, right?

/ Ford 8N owner ready to go with LS #32  
I'm with you on the cubic inches though. Tweaks to make an engine more powerful is nice, but that is all a turbo is... I'd rather have a bigger/stronger engine to begin with :D

I have a turbo in my car (Subaru WRX) and I love it, but I'm with you here. It seems to me that a tractor with a turbocharged engine is underpowered to begin with and they have to make up for it with a turbo. Turbos do a great job of increasing HP without putting undue strain on the engine, but they really suck down fuel.

With my car I don't have to go to turboland unless I need (actually it's "want") the power. But I'd have to guess one of these turbocharged tractor engines would have to go there just to turn the PTO at 540 rpm. Maybe it's really not a big deal and doesn't eat up a lot more diesel, but at the very least it's something else that can go wrong. I too say just go with a bigger engine.

/ Ford 8N owner ready to go with LS #33  
The more I look at the Korean LS site the more I like the LS brand. This is a big company that is investing in their company and improving the whole line. I could easily see LS challenge and overtake Kioti right away. Kubota has a real following that will be hard to challenge but Kubota had better start getting to work or they are going to loose market place.
HS

Funny, I responded to a newbie post up in the General "Buying/Pricing/Comparisons" thread yesterday. The guy wanted to spend no more than $18K on a tractor w/FEL and brush hog. Like always the posts up there were all about him having to look for used green or orange gear. I piped in that he could go with new, warrantied equipment if he would look at Mahindra, LS, Kioti, etc.... Weird, he totally bought into the other line of thinking and only responded to posts about finding used green or orange stuff and never never even acknowledged the possibility of buying something else. I've decided I'm not going to spend a lot of time in that thread anymore. Some people are willing to look beyond brand loyalty and reputation (whether deserved or not) while others can't. Well we have to give them that, green and orange does have better resale value, but does anyone really ever go into to buying a tractor thinking they are going to sell it one day? If so maybe they need to try to buy the right one the first time. OK, time to end this rant. I'll just have to let the braver souls find their own way down here to the LS forum.

/ Ford 8N owner ready to go with LS #34  
Selling KIOTI and LS tractors, it never ceases to amaze me how many customers just wont look at the tractors, the spcifications and compare based on any kind of anaylsis. They have to buy what their friends/family have bought. Name brands dont mean what they once did, Even a General Motors can go bankrupt. The Koreans have been nipping at the Japanese heels in the tractor business just as they have in the auto business. They are doing the same thing the Japanese did, first low price, then as manufacturing costs increased as the workforce demanded more money, etc., they moved up the line and built high value tractors with very high quality and presumably better margins. I think that LS replacing Shabaru in the New Holland Boomer lineup is a sign of what is happening across the industry. New Holland, McCormick, Bobcat, Landini have all now sourced some of their tractors from S. Korea. Now with the terrible tragedy that has happended to Japan, Inc., only time will tell how the markets will be affected.

/ Ford 8N owner ready to go with LS #35  
I would have to agree with you. I didn't know about tractor brands before the big search for a tractor. Like everyone else I knew about JD and Kubota, I own a Kubota lawn mower. I set out to research all tractors, what were the factors, where were they built, who had the most modern designs, best material. I am a german car guy so I know there is difference in machines. So the search began. I came to the conclusion that in the compact tractor field, the Massy-Ferguson 1600 series built by Iseke was the clearly the best. Then I discovered LS. Found a great tractor, and found that I could move to a utility tractor for the same money maybe even less. Turns out when the property was finally decided on the acreage called for a utility tractor not a compact. The LS U series was clearly the stand out, HP, weight, engine size, fit, finish, quality of materials, modern assembly and factory and many items that are extra on others are standard. Clearly LS is selling low to get into market at the start, but I can see and understand that so my good. I have to say many of JD's are very old designs straight from a field in India, not real impressed. Kubota is nice but long in the tooth and over priced, and frankly they have issues everyone seems to just pass over.

HS

/ Ford 8N owner ready to go with LS #36  
My experience is almost exactly like that of HS. I bought some additional property which adjoined our current property - 15 acres total. Decided I needed a tractor to keep some of it mowed and do some other chores. I looked at JD, Kubota, NH, Kioti, CC/Y, etc. They all seem like well made tractors that would do the job. Then I happened to run across the LS brand. At first I wasn't too interested because I had never heard of them and knew of nobody that owned one. Then I started reading posts from people on this forum that had them and seemed to like them. I started looking at LS more closely and was impressed with the tractor and the price. I also was impressed with the dealer. So, short story long, I now own an R3039. Haven't had time to do much with it so far, but I think I'll be more than satisfied with the tractor. The tractor seems built very well, the fit and finish is on par or better than the others, and it has way more standard features. And, if I'm not mistaken, the LS mafia on this forum seems to be growing by the minute. Go Blue!!