Ford 917L Flail Questions

/ Ford 917L Flail Questions #11  
That's not the point I was trying to make Poop!. Mine was an example of purchase cost versus end cost. In the case of 917 replacement parts, it's a seller's market. An educated guess would be that the previous owner already knew this, and chose to unload it rather than make it whole again. What's done is done, I am just bracing the new owner for sticker shock to follow.

//greg//

Gregg, I was not directing my response at you. Sorry if it came across that way.

Regards, Pappy

/ Ford 917L Flail Questions #12  
Thanks, I have gone to the New Holland site twice and the parts list will not load on my computer for some reason. Thought something was wrong with the web site but it may be my slow DSL. I believe it will be easier to just to fabricate some shoes than to order some.
That's probably what I'd do too. And here's a suggestion for the fabricator; turn up the skid nose a good inch from level (like a ski tip), then attach to the frame with plowshare bolts and NyLock nuts. Countersunk and beveled holes on the underside of the skids of course, to accommodate the plow bolt heads.

//greg//

/ Ford 917L Flail Questions
Again, follow the instructions I posted for the 917L parts list. They're clearly identified right down to quantity and part number(s). They're Ford/New Holland part numbers by the way, not Messicks.
View attachment 340772
//greg//

Upon further review the parts diagram you are referencing is for a 917H. I finally was able to access the New Holland site and the 50" 917L does not have skid rails.

I appreciate the assistance. Looking closely at the diagram, I began to realize there were some differences in my machine and the illustration such as hole placement and attachment points.

Today my machine got a good sandblasting and primer job. Maybe this week it will get a coat of paint.

/ Ford 917L Flail Questions #15  
And you're exactly correct, I cannot explain why - when I clicked the 50" 917L pull down graphics - that the 917H diagram displayed instead. I simply didn't notice the "H" part. When I tried it this time,
the 917L
917L.jpg
pulled down correctly. No skids. Sorry for the confusion.

//greg//