Ford Carb problem

/ Ford Carb problem #11  
So this coming weekend I'm going to do away with the fuel pump and run a direct line from tank to carb with a inline filer in that.

Don't expect a Holley carb to perform well hooked up like that. Not gonna happen without positive fuel pressure, period. If that carb didn't need a fuel pump the tractor wouldn't have left the factory with one.

/ Ford Carb problem #12  
RickB said:
Don't expect a Holley carb to perform well hooked up like that. Not gonna happen without positive fuel pressure, period. If that carb didn't need a fuel pump the tractor wouldn't have left the factory with one.

Yes it will I was in the same situation .....ran a direct fuel line with filter and it runs good even at full power

/ Ford Carb problem #13  
what rick is saying is that the ford company was miserly.. if a ford tractor had something when it left the factory.. the engineers figured it needed it. will it run without it? sure. will it run in all situations altitudes and setups at book efficiancy without it? not likely.

/ Ford Carb problem
Ran the short line like I mentioned in previous post. I feel I'm getting allot more fuel than it ever has but still doing it. After taking the carb all the way apart ( I'm calling it a plunger) was all gummed up. New rebuild kit on its way and the carb is soaking in solution