Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum!

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #91  
In the vocational trucks (entry level 6 wheel dump trucks) the only diesels I ever found to be good were the older DT466 (only in IH) higher powered 5.9’s and if you were REALLY lucky and 8.3L Cummins.
I would literally buy a truck with other setbacks IF it had an 8.3L Cummins.
I thought the 8.2L fuel pincher, T444E, the Ford 6.6 &7.8, and the CATs were pretty much throw away boat anchors.
The bigger Duramax looked pretty good

What happened to the other thread that got locked yesterday? It was pretty civil. You’ll have the Ford crowd out with pitch forks calling the 444 a a boat anchor. Which they are. A 7.3 is the most overrated engine in history imo.

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #92  
I am not a fan of 'em but my brother is...well...anything Ford:D

This one is bad azz, never even had a head off (1996) Super Duty (4x2) He started with go fast goodies right out of the box and has thousands invested to date, including propane. He is hooked to a pulling sled, with the skid steer for weight, Lol

3753.jpeg
3754.jpeg

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #93  
I am not a fan of 'em but my brother is...well...anything Ford

This one is bad azz, never even had a head off (1996) Super Duty (4x2) He started with go fast goodies right out of the box and has thousands invested to date, including propane. He is hooked to a pulling sled, with the skid steer for weight, Lol

View attachment 707219View attachment 707220

Those old F super duty’s are strong old trucks. They really should have had 19.5 tires though.

Last edited:
   / Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #94  
They really should have had 19.5 tires though.

I agree, he goes through 16" like candy. Good thing he has a tire store:) I have a GM D-70HD with 10 bolt 19.5's, 4.88 gears I will give him but he won't take it because it ain't Ford:LOL:

He bought this F-250 new in '78 and has been sled pulling it every since. 556 Big Block now with all the pulling machinery to go with it. It was broke down so he pulled the wrecker....

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #95  
I agree, he goes through 16" like candy. Good thing he has a tire store I have a GM D-70HD with 10 bolt 19.5's, 4.88 gears I will give him but he won't take it because it ain't Ford

He bought this F-250 new in '78 and has been sled pulling it every since. 556 Big Block now with all the pulling machinery to go with it. It was broke down so he pulled the wrecker....

Those F SDs are 10 lug also. Will the wheels of the Chevy HD bolt on? Those HD trucks are a hoss of a pickup to. Unlike today where they throw HD and SD badges on everything those trucks were a big step up over a 3500.

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #96  
What happened to the other thread that got locked yesterday? It was pretty civil. You’ll have the Ford crowd out with pitch forks calling the 444 a a boat anchor. Which they are. A 7.3 is the most overrated engine in history imo.
The T444E is the alleged “medium duty” and International truck variant.
They were ok.
Cummins 5.9 and DT466 was the best MD vocational truck engine.
This may interest some of you. I was helping my buddy build a barn. He hired his own supply companies to deliver materials. So on the day of stone delivery, here comes 2 Ford tandems up the driveway. They were sister trucks, basically identical. Both were powered by 275HP 5.9L Cummins!
Both fully loaded, 16-17 tons of stone on them. We talked to the drivers a bit. They were honest. Fully loaded they didn’t have much rotating mass or power, but he said that’s the way their boss ordered them and they had over 200,000 miles on each one.

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #97  
No matter what the question, I think that F250 Tremor is the answer to it 😂😂. I WILL have one.

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #98  
I love my Toyota truck. I wonder how many people will say its not a real truck lol. I would set it on fire for a TRX though

Attachments

• 960A2086-9CC4-4538-8BD8-D8EA14FA49E2.jpeg
    960A2086-9CC4-4538-8BD8-D8EA14FA49E2.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 98