Ford paint color

/ Ford paint color #1  

tree grower

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1210, Bobcat 742B, John Deere 1050
I have a 1210 in need of paint on the wheels. For such a small project I only need a rattle can, not a quart or more. Tractor Supply's Majik paint shows a Ford light gray, but it seems much darker than the 1210's wheel and fender color. I have seen mention of Ford white, but it is not as commonly available as the blue or gray. Is the color I need actually called 'Ford white' ? My color sense says that light gray wasn't used after the 8N.

/ Ford paint color #2  
Rust-Oleum Farm & Implement paint also comes in "Ford Gray". Are you able to compare?

/ Ford paint color #3  
My experience with the little Fords has shown that the wheels are white not gray or silver. I have an 1100 and just recently bought a 1210, although it hasn't finished making the trip from West (by God) Virginia.
What flavor of white, not sure, but I would try to match it up with the rear rims.
David from jax

/ Ford paint color
My experience with the little Fords has shown that the wheels are white not gray or silver. I have an 1100 and just recently bought a 1210, although it hasn't finished making the trip from West (by God) Virginia.
What flavor of white, not sure, but I would try to match it up with the rear rims.
David from jax
David--
Do you have your 1210 from WV yet? I still haven't purchased a can of paint for the wheels, but further googling shows a Ford light gray that might be correct. I agree that the color is white-ish, but I would prefer to get the right color the first time instead of too much traveling to stores and buying wrong colors

/ Ford paint color #6  
If you want original colors, go to an NH dealer or as above Messick's. When I was buying paint for my 3910 restoration NONE of the aftermarket colors were accurate. And take note, the Ford color formulas changed around 1986-88--When NH took over. The blue prior to 87 is different from the current "Ford blue". It doesn't even come close if you have parts side by side.

/ Ford paint color #7  
I read somewhere that New Holland had to change the paint color as a stipulation of the merger contract

/ Ford paint color #8  
If you want original colors, go to an NH dealer or as above Messick's. When I was buying paint for my 3910 restoration NONE of the aftermarket colors were accurate. And take note, the Ford color formulas changed around 1986-88--When NH took over. The blue prior to 87 is different from the current "Ford blue". It doesn't even come close if you have parts side by side.
Actually prior to 2000 when NH Blue and Bianca White became the colors as part of the differentiation.
The color is Ford Gray Gloss for the wheels. Ford New Holland part # M20J1750SE5. 1750 is the base number for the color part number

/ Ford paint color #9  
Actually prior to 2000 when NH Blue and Bianca White became the colors as part of the differentiation.
The color is Ford Gray Gloss for the wheels. Ford New Holland part # M20J1750SE5. 1750 is the base number for the color part number
You're correct. 2000 was the cutoff year or color change. I couldn't remember what the can said. I bought a gallon and split into quarts. The whites and greys are different too.

Tractor Supply's "Ford Blue" is NOT the pre-2000 color for Ford tractors that's for sure. I suspect the other "Ford" colors are off too.

/ Ford paint color
Good to know. My 1210 is a 1983. I would readily go to a Ford/ NH dealer, but they are pretty scarce in this area. Recent decades have seen a move toward green and orange stuff.