Ford Taurus

/ Ford Taurus #11  
doubt it has a speedo cable, its prolly an electronic sensor, but at that price I would buy it in a heartbeat!

/ Ford Taurus #12  
Not sure where the bad comes from. We have had no less than 10 in our family and all had a gazillion miles on them. Only one now is my MIL's 2010. Rear brakes are crap. I replaced them at 35K but other than that its a nice car.

Not fast. Not flashy.

Chris

Last edited:
   / Ford Taurus #13  
Not sure where the bad comes from. We have had no less than 10 in our family anf all had a gazillion miles on them. Only one now is my MIL's 2010. Rear brakes are crap. I replaced them at 35K but other than that its a nice car.

Not fast. Not flashy.

Chris

The bad comes from working at the dealer and fixing the things.

/ Ford Taurus #14  
The bad comes from working at the dealer and fixing the things.

You would know, not doubting that. We had one my father drove and I want to say it had a 3.6L or so. It was a great car for what it was. I never cared for it but it never gave us a day of trouble for the 5 years we had it.

Chris

/ Ford Taurus
I routinely put 100+ miles per day lately and it looks like it will continue. All highway miles. I carry tools with me, but could use the truck when needed. Ideally I'd like something that could get 35 mpg or better.

But this car is super cheap, very clean, and low mileage. I think I'll look it over this weekend more in detail. The owner (an elderly lady) told me that the only thing it needs is the speedometer fixed. It's currently not registered, so a test drive outside of my neighborhood is not possible.

/ Ford Taurus #16  
I routinely put 100+ miles per day lately and it looks like it will continue. All highway miles. I carry tools with me, but could use the truck when needed. Ideally I'd like something that could get 35 mpg or better.

But this car is super cheap, very clean, and low mileage. I think I'll look it over this weekend more in detail. The owner (an elderly lady) told me that the only thing it needs is the speedometer fixed. It's currently not registered, so a test drive outside of my neighborhood is not possible.

Best you will see in a Taurus is 25 mpg or so.

Chris

/ Ford Taurus
25 mpg is a strike against it. Leather interior and a comfortable ride, as well as automatic transmission are a plus. The wife could drive it then.

I think it will be worth a closer look anyway.

/ Ford Taurus #18  
My wifes is an 05 with 280k, at 147k, installed a used trans due to the torque converter splines stripping out, other than that,just rutine maintenance. Gets 25mph, and she loves the car. As for the speedo issue, check the wiring for the speed sensor, its located on the right, top of trans, critters will set up there and chew the wires. That car would sell for 5k here.

Dave