Ford tractor prices up or down?

/ Ford tractor prices up or down? #11  
I am from Ohio and moved to southern California and I was shopping for a nice 8n or 800 series Ford and it just blew my mind the prices some of these guys out here want for what they laughably call "restored" tractors. Just wondering what is the highest prices you have heard of a 9n,2n,8n,NAA 600-900 go for. I am seeing them ask for around 5,000-6,000 for runners that have been spray painted and have good tires, but by no means are they "restored." What are some good prices and what should those prices demand o
f a tractor.

Last Aug I bought a 1949 JD B wide front tractor from a seller near Portland, OR for $1750 off Craigslist. Has a rockshaft for a 3-pt hitch and PowerTrol hydraulics on the rear. Runs fine.

JD-B front.JPGJD-B left.JPGJD-B on trailer.JPGJD-B rear.JPGJD-B right.JPG

A few years ago a bought a nice 1945 Oliver 60 Row Crop near Chico, CA off Craigslist for $2250. Runs fine. Has pto but no hydraulics or 3pt hitch---it's fine for plowing, discing, raking, mowing, baling with small square baler, general hauling with hay wagon, etc.. And besides, it looks great with the classic Oliver sheet metal sides around the engine.

Oliver 60.JPG

So long story short, you can find nice examples of old iron out there from the era of the Ford 8N without taking a bath financially.

Three of my neighbors have 8Ns and the engines on all of them are loose as a goose (low compression).
Two of them were sold dirt cheap (~$1K) and the third is sitting in my neighbor's barnyard until he can get the engine overhauled or part it out.

Good luck.

/ Ford tractor prices up or down? #12  
Sadly it is a gasser but i was very happy giving $1500 for this very healthy major with 3pt ,PTO and a loader . I sold the loader off it soon after :)

Attachments

• IMG_1070.jpg
    IMG_1070.jpg
    1,014.2 KB · Views: 296
   / Ford tractor prices up or down? #13  
nice price!

Last Aug I bought a 1949 JD B wide front tractor from a seller near Portland, OR for $1750 off Craigslist. Has a rockshaft for a 3-pt hitch and PowerTrol hydraulics on the rear. Runs fine.

A few years ago a bought a nice 1945 Oliver 60 Row Crop near Chico, CA off Craigslist for $2250. Runs fine. Has pto but no hydraulics or 3pt hitch---it's fine for plowing, discing, raking, mowing, baling with small square baler, general hauling with hay wagon, etc.. And besides, it looks great with the classic Oliver sheet metal sides around the engine.

View attachment 299755

So long story short, you can find nice examples of old iron out there from the era of the Ford 8N without taking a bath financially.

Three of my neighbors have 8Ns and the engines on all of them are loose as a goose (low compression).
Two of them were sold dirt cheap (~$1K) and the third is sitting in my neighbor's barnyard until he can get the engine overhauled or part it out.

Good luck.

/ Ford tractor prices up or down? #14  
I just paid $2k for my 53 Jubilee with new tires, a bush hog, FEL, and hay spear. Now, the pto and the lift need attention, but I feel like I got a deal. Not as good as your $1500, but still; good!