Fordson dexta

/ Fordson dexta
tractor was left outside in all weather for many years, a mate of mine found it and took me to see it. Turned out it was owned by my mates brother who lived 90 miles away.Anyway it was a proverbial pile of scrap, all tinwork was rotten apart from the bonnet, engine was seized up. However decided it was too far gone to take a chance on and returned home.For days it bugged me as the tractor, a fordson super dexta was exactly what I had been looking for. As I already owned a Ferguson TED20 petrol/tvo which I had already restored, I was in no hurry to make a decision. A week later, I gave in and called the man who said £800 would be the cost so I hitched up the trailer and went and collected. On arriving home, I found the engine, gearbox and rear end were all full of water,obviously the battery was goosed,the rear tyres were bulging, steering had 6 inches of play, steering wheel was even rotten. So you can see it was going to be a long hard expensive experience. After two years and £2800 pounds more with more than a little help from friends the tractor was more or less restored it is a fantastic little tractor. Oh by the way I also found a cab for it which is on but needs a bit of work. Some time shortly I will send photos in. Brian Cox, Perth Scotland

/ Fordson dexta #12  
Brian, welcome a board!
We have a little saying around here. It didn't happen unless you have pictures!!
Nice to here of the ol'girl getting new life!!

/ Fordson dexta
forgot to say, clutch was seized and was told to start it in gear and drive around depressing the pedal up and down to free clutch but all this did was shred the clutch plate so it was a split job and new plate which I wanted like a hole in the head ............bah!