Fordson Power Major without a 3pt hitch

/ Fordson Power Major without a 3pt hitch #1  

Brian Miller

Tractor
JD 2305
Hello, I’m considering getting a Fordson Power Major but the current owner says it has no 3pt hitch. Is this a conversion that I’d need to do or is it as simple as just buying some arms & bolting them up?
Thanks so much

/ Fordson Power Major without a 3pt hitch #2  
Hello, I知 considering getting a Fordson Power Major but the current owner says it has no 3pt hitch. Is this a conversion that I壇 need to do or is it as simple as just buying some arms & bolting them up?
Thanks so much

I dont know much about the fordson tractors. Can tell you this though, that would be a decent size project and probably cost a good bit of money to procure parts for it. You would need at minimum a shaft and pump for the tractor. I imagine that would make it cost prohibitive to buy this tractor? IMO, i would look for an one with a PTO.

edit- sorry, perhaps i misunderstood your post. it has no hydraulics? either way, adding hydraulics with to the tractor would probably be cost prohibitive too. If it has hydraulics and you just need the lifting arms then that is relatively minor.

/ Fordson Power Major without a 3pt hitch #3  
Power Majors have been pretty much orphans in North America for at least a quarter century. If your heart is set on one, at least find one equipped as you need it. Otherwise, keep looking.