Foreign made Deere parts future

/ Foreign made Deere parts future #11  
I have heard that some of the older Deere cuts, 1980's - 1990's Yannies, are hard to get parts for. Deere had those tractors built on a contract basis by Yannmar. One reason I bought a Kubota was that Kubota makes it's own stuff. No contract manufacturing. I was told by my dealer that he had never had a problem getting a part for an older machine, directly from Kubota. Of course, $$$!!!

BTW, none of these things are US made. I recently read that Deere moved a loader plant from Canada to Mexico. It's all about cheap labor.

/ Foreign made Deere parts future #12  
I have heard that some of the older Deere cuts, 1980's - 1990's Yannies, are hard to get parts for. Deere had those tractors built on a contract basis by Yannmar. One reason I bought a Kubota was that Kubota makes it's own stuff. No contract manufacturing. I was told by my dealer that he had never had a problem getting a part for an older machine, directly from Kubota. Of course, $$$!!!

BTW, none of these things are US made. I recently read that Deere moved a loader plant from Canada to Mexico. It's all about cheap labor.

I would say that's true, my new 300CX loader was made in Mexico.

Ken, I agree, I think the middle class is in big trouble, too much burden for too long.

Rob

/ Foreign made Deere parts future #13  
Ken, I agree, I think the middle class is in big trouble, too much burden for too long.

Rob

I have decided, If things keep going the way they are going, I will have to go up a class or down a class to get by. Ken Sweet

Last edited:
   / Foreign made Deere parts future #14  
I have decided, If things keep going the way they are going, I will have up a class or down a class to get by. Ken Sweet

I have always been confused by this. I have always considered myself "working class", since I worked for others. Even my union officials referred to us as middle class, I never really agreed with that. To my mind, a middle class guy doesn't have to go to work every day, doesn't get ordered about, can set his own schedule. A doctor or successful car dealer is my idea of middle class. I think a lot of folks are just kidding themselves about being middle class. And if you have a lot of debt, you are probably never going to be comfortable.

/ Foreign made Deere parts future #15  
I have always been confused by this. I have always considered myself "working class", since I worked for others. Even my union officials referred to us as middle class, I never really agreed with that. To my mind, a middle class guy doesn't have to go to work every day, doesn't get ordered about, can set his own schedule. A doctor or successful car dealer is my idea of middle class. I think a lot of folks are just kidding themselves about being middle class. And if you have a lot of debt, you are probably never going to be comfortable.

My definition is in a person is on the "Govmt Dole" that is down a class and if he works and supports his family, he is middle class and if he has no assigned job to go to every day and financially independent and secure until he dies, He is upper class. Ken Sweet

/ Foreign made Deere parts future #16  
I really wouldn't worry too much about parts availability on any foreign made tractor beyond the normal maintenance items.

I hate that so many "American" companies have gone over seas, but it has been going on for a long time and I am afraid it will continue.

I recently heard Polaris is moving production out of this country.

/ Foreign made Deere parts future #17  
My definition is in a person is on the "Govmt Dole" that is down a class and if he works and supports his family, he is middle class and if he has no assigned job to go to every day and financially independent and secure until he dies, He is upper class. Ken Sweet

Well the carrot that fuels people is the hopes of living just like that but not many people make it from what I can see.

My definition of success is doing with your time exactly what you want. That's what I worked for when I worked and for the last 20 years that is how I've been living. With that said I worked 12 and 16 hour days to get there. I loved my work and had talent but as the old saying goes, "there but for the grace of God go I".

On any account I wouldn't say was upper class, maybe upper middle class. I know this guy and he's a billionaire. Too bad he's one of the unhappiest people I know. It's the story of the guy with a loaf of bread under each arm complaining about how tough life is.

So I'd say live every minute of your life and don't worry about what class your in or not in, just find happiness in what you have and hopefully the people who love you.

That's my two cents and I think it works for me.... most of the time!

Rob

/ Foreign made Deere parts future #18  
I really wouldn't worry too much about parts availability on any foreign made tractor beyond the normal maintenance items.

I have a 1984 JD 1250 made by Yanmar. The few times it needed parts I haven't had any trouble getting them.

I can't predict if it will always be this way. I hope JD will continue to support all their products.

/ Foreign made Deere parts future #19  
I have decided, If things keep going the way they are going, I will have to go up a class or down a class to get by. Ken Sweet

:D :D :D Sounds like a great plan to me!

/ Foreign made Deere parts future #20  
You've hit a nerve, Ken, and you're right. The middle class doesn't stand a chance.

The Congress just tried to pass a bill to give tax breaks to companies that bring back jobs into the US from overseas, and penalize companies that offshore jobs out of the US. What was the result? The Party of No voted just that - no. How can they justify that?

We were run into bankruptcy for eight years. Companies were given tax breaks - breaks on their US taxes - when they shipped jobs overseas. The rich got tax cuts, and the size of the federal government exploded with all the defense contractors (Halliburton, anyone?).

It's nothing less than the destruction of the middle class, but the rich will do just fine, thank you. Wouldn't want them to pay any taxes, would we?