Formula 1 baby

/ Formula 1 baby #11  
I bet it's harder than we realize.

Tractor experience at 200 MPH would help.

rbar.jpg

Mark Webber is in that picture... somewhere down under at that moment.

If they don't want the under-tray photographed, then they shouldn't do that.

/ Formula 1 baby
Amazing picture. Remember Robert Kubica at Canada a few years ago. Aye carumba. You can see his feet, and he was basically OK. Amazing the safety in those machines.

This is the replay, it's just a loop over and over, couldn't find a cleaner one. The best pics are from 2:20 to 3:20. You can see his feet at about 3:15.

He wont that same race the following year!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WItGK4ZwlVc&feature=related]CRASH ROBERT KUBICA MONTREAL 2007 - YouTube[/ame]

/ Formula 1 baby #13  
I watch TOP GEAR (Brit version) and Hammond tried to drive and F1 car. He had a heck of a time controlling it. I bet it's harder than we realize.
Heck, driving my Neon near the limit on a small track hitting only 80mph isn't as easy as I thought. Picking your turn in at eau rouge at 190mph consistently is something else!

/ Formula 1 baby #14  
Sorry to see that Robert Kubica hasn't made it back from his rally accident. Must have messed him up pretty bad. He was a darned good F1 driver.

/ Formula 1 baby #16  
I would like to see these F1 men race against each other in 1950's race cars, picking their turn in driving a 1950's Merc (silver arrow) at 190 mph with skinny tyres and drum brakes would sort the men from the boys:)

/ Formula 1 baby
I'd like to see a lessening of the use of aero grip. I think if the cars relied mostly on mechanical grip it would be more like the old days and true measure of the drivers.

Anyway, regarding poor Kubica, he fell and broke his leg about a month ago. That boy can't buy luck right now. I doubt he will ever be the same again.

/ Formula 1 baby #18  
I'd like to see a lessening of the use of aero grip. I think if the cars relied mostly on mechanical grip it would be more like the old days and true measure of the drivers.

FIA just keeps trying to take it away (narrower wings, no blown defusers, etc.). They dropped from V10s to V8s, and the evil engineers just keep on making the cars faster.

Anyway, regarding poor Kubica, he fell and broke his leg about a month ago. That boy can't buy luck right now. I doubt he will ever be the same again.

Geeezo! He's sounding like the lost dog poster that says, "Lost Dog: has one eye, three legs, broken tail, no teeth, and mange; answers to the name: 'Lucky'."

/ Formula 1 baby #19  
There was a wreck in Indy cars many years ago, car broke apart that you could see his legs to the knees, like he was walking down the track as it was wrecking, he didn't get hurt too bad. Can't remember who it was, never was good with names.

Nascar has had a few too, where the driver could just stand up & walk away, wasn't nothing left of the car to hold him in.

--->Paul

/ Formula 1 baby #20  
There was a wreck in Indy cars many years ago, car broke apart that you could see his legs to the knees, like he was walking down the track as it was wrecking, he didn't get hurt too bad. Can't remember who it was, never was good with names.

I kept remembering that wreck too. It was the Indianapolis 500. I didn't post about it because I couldn't remember the name either. That was a long time ago alright, but I can still see that car sliding along the fence with the guy's feet sticking out the front.