Forum Colr Schemes

/ Forum Colr Schemes #1  

RoyJackson

Rest in Peace
Tractor
John Deere 4052R Cab,, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements
The old forum had a provision for color schemes (for example, I had it set up to use the Deere color scheme).

Can that be done with the new forum, or is it a thing of the past?

/ Forum Colr Schemes #2  
I don't believe the older color styles can be converted to the newer PHP code. Someone is going to have to rebuilt the style templates again.

/ Forum Colr Schemes #3  
Color schemes or "skins" are on the list of todos. You'll have some nice options. It isn't first on the list, but it is high on the list. :cool:

/ Forum Colr Schemes #4  
It's on the list. Hopefully we'll be able to bring them back. There are some configurations we're using that might prevent it, though, so I have yet to test it like I need to.

/ Forum Colr Schemes #5  
Muhammad said:
It's on the list. Hopefully we'll be able to bring them back. There are some configurations we're using that might prevent it, though, so I have yet to test it like I need to.

As the administrator you can either give us options so we can do colors, or you can set background colors so that the background colors are fixed, for example you could make the Deere area green, the Case/Farmall area red, New Holland blue and Kubota orange, etc.

/ Forum Colr Schemes #6  
I'm unaware of the option for user-created styles. If it exists, it's probably an add-on, or well hidden in the options.

The issue with our forum is that we have unique headers in many forums, which are relied on for targeted advertising to be displayed. In order to display those, we use custom "child" styles for each forum.

The question is whether we can easily duplicate the child styles and simply change the parent style's colors and font sizes. I'm still working on it.

/ Forum Colr Schemes #7  
With regards to colors/themes, the software has the ability for you to give us options, we users can then select from those options only.

I think you are well served by working at your own pace, we will all get used to the software and the look of the site. The content is more important.:D

/ Forum Colr Schemes #8  
Bob_Skurka said:
With regards to colors/themes, the software has the ability for you to give us options, we users can then select from those options only.

Yeah, I thought you were talking about users creating their own style sheets.