Foton 254 lost Drive

/ Foton 254 lost Drive #1  

Rich07

Tractor
Foton 254
Hi Guys. All was going well, I doing some bush hogging, had been running around an hour when all of a sudden I stopped. I thought I was caught up on something so put the tractor into reverse but it won't go backwards either. I lifted the bush hog and tried again and still nothing. The engine runs good and the wheel can turn side to side. There is just no forward or backwards propulsion.

/ Foton 254 lost Drive #2  
Hi Guys. All was going well, I doing some bush hogging, had been running around an hour when all of a sudden I stopped. I thought I was caught up on something so put the tractor into reverse but it won't go backwards either. I lifted the bush hog and tried again and still nothing. The engine runs good and the wheel can turn side to side. There is just no forward or backwards propulsion.

Is that a gear or shuttle shift. If it is a shuttle check your range lever ( high, low). Check to make sure the range selector is in the right spot. It can get bumped out and it will not move. This is what it sounds like.

/ Foton 254 lost Drive
Thanks I hadn't thought of that, I was hogging through some dense stuff at the time. I will give a try in the morning. Thanks again

/ Foton 254 lost Drive
Is that a gear or shuttle shift. If it is a shuttle check your range lever ( high, low). Check to make sure the range selector is in the right spot. It can get bumped out and it will not move. This is what it sounds like.

Thanks again, seems like it jumped out of low range

/ Foton 254 lost Drive #5  
Thanks again, seems like it jumped out of low range

No problem. I had a similar incident with my tractor. Took me about 5 minutes to figure out why it wouldn't move. Glad it was a simple fix.