Found this on the garage floor

/ Found this on the garage floor #1  

Thorpaws

Tractor
Kubota B21
Long time lurker first time posting. First off thankyou to everyone this is one of the greatest sites/forums out there. Anyway, walked into the garage the other day and found this on the floor where I park my B21.Ive looked around and can't seem to see anything out of place, but I know it came off the machine unmistakable Kubota grey. Looks like a spacer or bushing with most of the wear on the sides and a little on the inside. Didn't notice anything odd last time I use it just moving snow. Iam hesitant to use it now as I don't want to lose more parts or cause damage. Anyway, I guess my question is any thoughts on where this might have come from? Iam trying to narrow down my searching area and I don't really want to start taking things apart if I don't have too. I know this is pretty vague butt I also know you all are pretty smart well most of you, Haha. Anyways thankyou again there really is a lot of cool sh-t stuff on this site, and its all because of you all.

Have a good day. IMG_0632.JPGIMG_0633.JPGIMG_0634.JPG

/ Found this on the garage floor #2  
Looks similar to a CAT 1 to CAT 2 bushing....?

/ Found this on the garage floor #3  
Looks similar to a CAT 1 to CAT 2 bushing....?
Off the shelf Cat1 to 2 bushings are a lot longer than that (longer along the shaft hole dimension.) It looks to be 3/4" inside diameter which would fit typical top link pins. But being that narrow is puzzling. Showing wear adds to the puzzle. And being Kubota grey means it probably has some host tractor function, not implement-related.

/ Found this on the garage floor #4  
Maybe look at the control levers going into the transaxle like PTO and gear selection levers.

/ Found this on the garage floor #5  
When you found it, was it on it's side or flat?
On side if you remember exactly where it was maybe it fell & rolled (floor may not be perfectly level). That would help.
Otherwise maybe wiggle things. If dealer isn't far maybe service department they would recognize it right off.

/ Found this on the garage floor #6  
When you take the 3pt arms on/off the most forward pins for the arms have such a spacer. Did a lynch pin get knocked off while in backhoe mode allow the spacer to fall off? Painted might not be obvious those pins had spacers. Check the 3pt arm attachment points on the tractor.

I’ve cut a cat1/cat2 bushing to make a lost spacer. I’ve also use black, high strength lynch pin springs on those attach points to resist brush from grabbing them off underneath.

/ Found this on the garage floor #8  
Good find Smokey Dog. These sleeves are very likely to be those (OR something just like them ) associated with the backhoe aspects of the tractor. That is why they would be "Kubota grey" and why the rest of us using other BX machines would not think where they came from.

/ Found this on the garage floor #9  
Long time lurker first time posting. First off thankyou to everyone this is one of the greatest sites/forums out there. Anyway, walked into the garage the other day and found this on the floor where I park my B21.Ive looked around and can't seem to see anything out of place, but I know it came off the machine unmistakable Kubota grey. Looks like a spacer or bushing with most of the wear on the sides and a little on the inside. Didn't notice anything odd last time I use it just moving snow. Iam hesitant to use it now as I don't want to lose more parts or cause damage. Anyway, I guess my question is any thoughts on where this might have come from? Iam trying to narrow down my searching area and I don't really want to start taking things apart if I don't have too. I know this is pretty vague butt I also know you all are pretty smart well most of you, Haha. Anyways thankyou again there really is a lot of cool sh-t stuff on this site, and its all because of you all.

Have a good day.View attachment 795756View attachment 795758View attachment 795759 industrial flooring toronto
It's great to have you posting, and I'm glad you find this site helpful! Now, let's address your question about the mysterious Kubota grey part you found in your garage. While it's challenging to determine the exact origin without more information or visual inspection, I can provide some general suggestions to help you narrow down the possibilities:
  1. Visual Inspection: Examine your Kubota B21 carefully, paying attention to areas where spacers or bushings may be located. Look for any missing or damaged components that may match the part you found. Inspect areas such as the wheels, axles, control arms, linkages, and any other relevant parts.
  2. Recent Maintenance or Repairs: Reflect on any recent maintenance or repair work that has been performed on your Kubota B21. Consider whether any components were replaced or removed during those procedures, which might explain the presence of the part on the floor.
  3. Review Operator's Manual or Parts Diagrams: Consult the operator's manual or parts diagrams for your Kubota B21 to get a better understanding of the machine's components and their locations. This can help you narrow down potential areas to investigate further.
  4. Seek Professional Assistance: If you're unable to identify the origin of the part or are concerned about using the machine without resolving the issue, it may be wise to consult a qualified Kubota technician or mechanic. They can provide expert insight and assist with identifying the part and ensuring the machine is in proper working order.
Remember, safety is paramount, and if you have any doubts about using the machine or if you suspect any critical components may be compromised, it's best to seek professional assistance before operating it again.

/ Found this on the garage floor #10  
On another forum someone posted picture something they found. I have a Deere 3038e I bought new and when cleaning radiator I found 5 assorted parts laying in front of radiator. Nothing is wrong...just stuff from assembly line.
I have a 1964 Rambler American and a few years ago I was thinking how original it was, except missing the hood ornament. That's when I noticed a lump in the carpet...pulled it up and there was a new one, had to be left on the assembly line.
20230518_183635.jpg