Four wheel steer wagon

/ Four wheel steer wagon #11  
"The lumber yards around here use carts with swivel casters on each end and two stationary wheels in the center that are just a little bit lower. The cart sits on the two stationary wheels in the center and the casters on one end or the other. They are very maneuverable. Just a thought."

Like this? :)

Attachments

• 53-179917-IM000183.jpg
    53-179917-IM000183.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 322
   / Four wheel steer wagon #12  
That sounds like a nice welder. Once I get a secure shop on the place I'm in the process of buying I might think about getting one like it. I've really been inspired by your descriptions and pictures of your projects. You've got me thinking about building custom fences and gates rather than the usual ( around here, anyway) chain link. One question on that cart, though. Did you check it for bump steer? ;)

/ Four wheel steer wagon
Morning Russ,

I'm not that fancy/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif. I like things that are trick but simple as possible. And there is a time factor in my life. The projects are everywhere.

<font color=blue>By the way what type did you get?</font color=blue>

A <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.panasonicfa.com/welding/power_sources/gunslinger_260.shtml>Panasonic</A>.

It was was one of them thar deals. Dealer had brought it in cause a customer. Then the customer backed out and everyone else was afraid of it cause it's a Panasonic and not a Miller or a Lincoln.

So the dealer dropped the price from eighteen hundred to twelve and everyone was still afraid of it. I looked at it careful like and realized two things. First thing was all the consumables were TWECO which is the most common. And two was if it was half the welder that my Panasonic was a cordless drill then it was the best.

Then the dealer's gate broke taking out an employee for six months. I was called. Dealer got his gate fixed big time. I got the welder.

I have had a Panasonic fifteen volt cordless drill for a couple of years now. I gave away an eighteen volt Makita kit, saw, light, half inch drill, because it was such a piece of crap. When I got the Makita I had just given away a fourteen volt Dewalt similar kit for the same reason. I now have an eighteen volt Dewalt kit with a sawsall, six and a half inch circular saw, half inch hammer drill, and I hate it for the same reasons I hated the other kits, batteries. They suck.

But the Panasonic fifteen volt drill weighs about what a twelve volt Dewalt weighs. It has better balance. And it's got the torque and power of the eighteen volts and the batteries last twice to three times as long under load.

So I am excited about the new welder.

/ Four wheel steer wagon #14  
Harv, you might want to consider increasing the area of the 5th wheel plates. Come to think of it, 5th & 6th wheel plates, for additional stability when the axel is off straight.
The ones under airport baggage wagons are pretty big for just that reason.

/ Four wheel steer wagon
Here's a picture of the monster ready for work.

BTW I cut it pretty sharp just to see what kind of allowances I have. So far it's all within reasonalbe expectations. I imagine when I get all the customers stuff welded and fab'd up. Along with the honey do's and that custom rocking horse for the newest grand daughter, well, I'll make another cart and use the rigid axle with tie rods etc.

Yup amongst all this fabbing and such there's this request for a rocking horse. I'm looking right now at starting off with two pieces of four by twelve cedar about two foot long. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Attachments

• 53-180008-MVC-013F.JPG
    53-180008-MVC-013F.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 330
   / Four wheel steer wagon #16  
bgott That is the idea. Very maneuverable.

/ Four wheel steer wagon #17  
I had heard of Panasonic making welders before. But yours boast some impressive specs. I really like the available wire feed speed. That would come in very handy for al. plate.

I see you have quite the little helper there. But your gonna have to get him some miniture welding leathers. Would also like to see some pictures of this rocking horse your planning, when its done.

Talk at you later.

/ Four wheel steer wagon
That toot in the back ground is Drew. He's one of these kids with tons of grandpas. I happen to be his adopted one.

He's normally quite shy. But when he hits the shop he shifts it into overdrive and you'd better have your seat belt on. He loves the chickens.

Here's him talking to Hussey who's a Rhode Island Red that thinks she's a parrokeet when it comes time for food. She likes to climb up on my shoulder and peck at my beard for treats like the minature marshmellows in his hand.

Attachments

• 53-180029-MVC-012F.JPG
    53-180029-MVC-012F.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 291
   / Four wheel steer wagon
She is a character and he's trying hard to become one. He belongs to my wannabesoninlaw's best friend. And I don't know why but he'd rather come and play at my place with my toys than anyone we know about.

We have a Rhode Island Red rooster called Scrapper that's the most unusual and one of a kind bird I've ever known. Scrapper will stand there and let Drew play with his comb, mess with his beard, and generally act like an old lab that knows he's family and the kid is too.

The rocking horse is playing around in my mind getting settled on just what it wants to be when it shows up. Now I'm thinking of taking the two four by twelves, scrap I have in hand. They will be the head and body. I have the carving knives and a super trick blade for an angle grinder that's meaner than just about anything short of a chainsaw on alcohol for carving.

All I need is some imagination, luck, and just a little bit of time. I've already accepted that it won't be perfect. But then it don't have to be perfect. She's perfection and all we want is for her to like it and let it rock her world.

Attachments

• 53-180034-MVC-011F.JPG
    53-180034-MVC-011F.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 276
   / Four wheel steer wagon #20  
Don't have any birds. But our labs (one yellow,one black) just chase the wild bunnies around the yard. The rabbits have learned the buddy system and will keep the dogs running till they drop.

I just got one of those neat little trick chain saw blades for the A.G.. Boy it really taught me to respect it the first time I used it. Kicked back off a knot and almost trimmed my sideburn, ear and all. Won't be cutting in that direction anymore.