3-Point Hitch free float 3pt arms

/ free float 3pt arms #1  

perazzi15

Question about the lifting arms on 3pt hitch on a 2720. On my arms the top lift on each side have pins that go thru the tractor lift arms and the bottom they have a turnbuckle and the arm that have a pin go thru from the wheel to tractor frame. That being said when I have everything connected up and my 6ft stone rake on I found out that there is not any side to side free float. The arms on my old tractor had slots on the lifting arms that let the rake tilt up on one side when you went over unlevel ground on one side or the other. Now when you have everything hooked up on my new tractor for the 3pt hitch it is a solid mount as there are no slots to let the rake float up and down on either side and was wondering if they make different arms as one for an imatch setup and another for the standard 3pt hitch.

/ free float 3pt arms #2  
I am also a first time tractor owner, but I understand one solution is to replace the vertical arms with chains. Such an installation retains the 3pt at whatever height is set as a minimum, but allows either side to float up as necessary.

/ free float 3pt arms #3  
The 2x20 tractors do not include the lateral float function. No idea why they would leave that off other than to save twelve cents.