Free Log splitter

/ Free Log splitter
JJ,

I have no idea, like I said I know nothing about hydraulics. I just know we hook the one hose from the bush hog and it raises and lowers using one port. We also have a do all that raises and lowers using one hose. It also has another port directly below that port that I believe is controlled by another lever in the cab.

The tractor is a 6410. The tractor on tractordata.com looks like it except for the big tires on the front. So I guess it is a closed system.

/ Free Log splitter
No levers on the back of the tractor, only one small switch that lowers and raises the 3 point hitch. The ports at the back of the tractor are controlled by levers that are in the control console of the tractor on the right side of the driver (factory installed).

Would a closed center system be capable of raising and lowering using only one remote port?

/ Free Log splitter #33  
Plug a gage in that remote hose and tell us if it has pressure. Plug in the gage before you start the tractor. If it is closed center, and the switch is set right, it should have full pressure , about 2500 psi for most tractors.

/ Free Log splitter
Don't have a gauge. :confused:

/ Free Log splitter #35  
Here are two gage test sets made up by TBN members. The 3000 psi gage it self only cost about $12 to $20

Your TSC should have them or any hyd business.

Attachments

• !HYD  GAGE QD.jpg
    !HYD GAGE QD.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 126
  • !Hyd test set.JPG
    !Hyd test set.JPG
    344.4 KB · Views: 126
   / Free Log splitter
Here are two gage test sets made up by TBN members. The 3000 psi gage it self only cost about $12 to $20

Your TSC should have them or any hyd business.

Will have to get a DeLux coupler connection to add to it. Never mind, I just took a closer look at it, and that one would work.

/ Free Log splitter
So I believe the links above confirmed that the tractor is a closed center system. Now just have to see if the current valves on the splitter itself is open or closed center valves right. And trace exactly where lines go to and from.

/ Free Log splitter
Here is a link showing the valves for the selective controls in the cab:OMAL152877: 6010, 6110, 6210, 6310 and 6410 Tractors(*266767-******), Block File: LX_OZUS004602_19_01MAR00.htm

I believe our tractor has the 100 series or the 300 series. But not completely sure.

So I think this is the set up for the spitter. It has two long hoses, each on has a male end that plugs into a female DeLux coupler at the back of the tractor. One hose goes to the valve controling the splitter and the other hose goes to the valve controlling log lift. Then each valve has two hoses connected to it. One that connects to the back and front of each cylinder. The two valves on the splitter are completely seperated from each other. Not connected.

When we connected it, we worked both selective control levers to get the splitter "charged", ending with the selective control levers putting pressure out to both hoses. Then we went to the log splitter and both cylinders extended and retracted.