Freediving.......

/ Freediving....... #2  
I don't dive for depth myself. I do swim underwater for distance, though. No fins, just me. I used to do about 2 minutes underwater with one breath and light physical exertion. Furthest I've ever swam under water was two lengths of an Olympic size pool, so 100 meters total. Its a rush. Your heart is POUNDING and your hands and feet are tingling. However, I'll tell you, its extremely dangerous. You can black out and that's all she wrote. I never do it without a buddy. These days best I can do after several warm ups is about 50 meters and then I'm wiped.

As for diving for depth, YIKES!. I've skin dived down to about 22 feet. My ears can't take the pressures. I can't imagine 236'. That's a 20 story building. And then, unlike shallow water where you float up, once you get past a certain depth, you won't just bob up if you stop swimming down. You'll keep on sinking. You have to actually swim up. And that uses a lot of oxygen out of your blood. No sir, not me. :eek:

/ Freediving.......
Since every 33 feet is an Atmosphere, that is quite a lot of pressue to exert on a Human Body.

Yea....incredible pressure. Can't imagine.....my ears pop now when I go over a speed bump.....

/ Freediving....... #5  
   / Freediving....... #8  
In my younger days, I loved swimming both on top of the water and underwater, but I was never any good at going for depth because the pressure on my ears would be uncomfortable at 10' and about 15' was my limit. And while I could hold my breath more than a minute, I certainly never made it to 2 minutes.

/ Freediving....... #9  
   / Freediving....... #10  
In my younger days, I loved swimming both on top of the water and underwater, but I was never any good at going for depth because the pressure on my ears would be uncomfortable at 10' and about 15' was my limit. And while I could hold my breath more than a minute, I certainly never made it to 2 minutes.
I did 2:10 in health class in high school..... then I passed out and fell out of my chair. This was not a sanctioned event! :laughing: Teacher was pretty ticked-off. :confused3: I never timed how long it takes me to do 50 meters. Last time I did it was two years ago. It was tough. But if you work on it for a few days you can make remarkable progress. And after a few months, you can amaze yourself.