Freediving.......

/ Freediving.......
I don't recommend doing it underwater unless you have a snorkel or supplied air, but otherwise, I am pretty sure that it is.

Aaron Z

Good point.......

/ Freediving....... #22  
This guy didn't have any trouble....
creature-from-black-lagoon.jpg

/ Freediving....... #23  

MossRoad, After playing underwater hockey in college for a winter I could dive to 20 ft and stay there what felt like all day. Never timed it though. That summer I made it to 30 ft holding my breath. Brought up a handfull of sand to prove it. I had to swim down of course, but also had to power up as I was running out of breath and needed to surface quickly. Did come close to blacking out as I hit the surface...

If all y'alls ears hurt from diving then I'd say you have to learn how to equalize your ears through your eustacian (sp?) tubes. Look in a SCUBA text to get an explanation.

/ Freediving....... #24  
If all y'alls ears hurt from diving then I'd say you have to learn how to equalize your ears through your eustacian (sp?) tubes. Look in a SCUBA text to get an explanation.

I'm sure you're right and I read about that a few years ago, but long after my swimming and diving days were over.:laughing:

/ Freediving.......

MossRoad, After playing underwater hockey in college for a winter I could dive to 20 ft and stay there what felt like all day. Never timed it though. That summer I made it to 30 ft holding my breath. Brought up a handfull of sand to prove it. I had to swim down of course, but also had to power up as I was running out of breath and needed to surface quickly. Did come close to blacking out as I hit the surface...

How did you ever keep the ice frozen under water?? I played hockey......in a rink!:D

/ Freediving....... #26  
I have never heard of underwater hockey. I imagine that you play it upside down on the bottom of the ice with a floating puck......No that can't be right.... must be payed on the bottom of the pond in the mud.... in the summer. Perhaps they just paint numbers on pike and turn them loose with a shinny puck?

I think I'll google that and be back with knowledge....oh wait....I just realized...... I don't care...nevermind.

/ Freediving....... #27  

Kinda like these guys:

Fishing under ice (ORIGINAL) - YouTube

:)

Actually, what you do is sink two nets in an olympic size swimming pool (one at each end) and two teams use 12-16 inch sticks to push the puck into the opponents goal. Since it is played breath holding (no SCUBA), teams must switch ends periodically to even out the advantage of the shallow and deep ends of the pool. It was really good exercise!