Freon Leak Detector

/ Freon Leak Detector #1  

TractorGuy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310 CUT, Ford New Holland 575E Industrial Backhoe, John Deere F725 Front Mount Mower
Just wanted to let folks know the inexpensive Freon/Halogen leak detector being sold on that auction site is a great value and the one I got works very good. I had a much more expensive unit that failed after I loaned it but it was never as sensitive and accurate as this cheap one is. The seller I bought mine from for $19.99 ran out of them and took the listing down. If you search for it you can find plenty of sellers with them for all kinds of prices so be sure to sort your search by lowest price including shipping. There are still some out there for around $25.

This is what it looks like.
IMG_1576.JPG

IMG_1577.JPG

I have been chasing leaks on my backhoe ever since I put it together. I should have known it was still leaking from the only hose I hadn't replaced but that hose had no visible cracks and was staying dry as far as I could see. Turns out it is leaking down under the battery area where I can't see it. Hopefully the end of this AC resurrection is near.