Friend had a close call

/ Friend had a close call #1  

Joel/ak

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bobcat 324
She went to pick up her boat out of storage from a town roughly 25 miles away from her house.

She got home and was back the trailer up into a spot and this happened.

She got very lucky.

29034.jpg

/ Friend had a close call #2  
Gee I guess :eek:

/ Friend had a close call #4  
Those GM's like to rust, especially in Michigan. She is very lucky.

/ Friend had a close call #5  
Boy howdy, that could have been bad. She was very lucky.
the hair on the back of my neck stood up thinking about the 10's or even 1,000's of innocents passed by during the 25 mile trip that get to go home unscathed.

kiss your family people as you never know what may take you out.

/ Friend had a close call #6  
Those GM's like to rust, especially in Michigan. She is very lucky.
All vehicles rust. That’s an area that most people wouldn’t think twice about looking at either.

/ Friend had a close call
She was over with her daughter a week ago and rust wasn't to bad on the truck, especially for its age and MI.

She's a widowed mother and just drives it. I'm thinking I'm gonna go over and check the frame out, brakelines, etc

/ Friend had a close call #8  
Our neighbor across the street in the 1970's had a similar thing happen. Picked up a car from a repair shop a town or two over, and drove it all the way home without issue. Then pulling into her driveway, a front wheel fell off the car. Luckily it happened at 2 mph and not 60 mph, the mechanic forgot to tighten the lug nuts.

Things like this have to make you think someone above is looking out for you. Glad your friend's incident was similarly good timing.

/ Friend had a close call #9  
All vehicles rust. That’s an area that most people wouldn’t think twice about looking at either.

Sure they do, some are more prone to it than others. Anyone with half a brain would check the hitch if they tow often as that is usually the first place to rust. Dont make excuses for poor maintenance and inspection, especially in the rust belt. She got lucky, could have dumped that trailer on the highway and injured or killed you or your family. Not enough people think like that, its amazing the rust buckets I see on the road here every day. Scary actually.

/ Friend had a close call #10  
:eek: Dang.