Friends ck25 broke in two

/ Friends ck25 broke in two #61  
Well if I give you guys my thoughts some of you may say I am picking on one....
But here are my thoughts and I am not willing to get into a battle over this just my thoughts.
All fingers are pointing to over use of a machine.
Let me just say before everyone gets caught up on this post I am as guility as anyone else.
The operator was trying to dig the stump out and was pulling the front wheels of the ground and after a couple times of slipping off the stump and the front of the tractor hitting the ground you see the results.
Now this is just my opinion...

Please we all know that this was not from 99 cent steel maybe a void in the steel but not from 99 cent steel.
Well look at the bright side of things Kiotis loader and backhoes have enough power to tear things apart.:eek:

/ Friends ck25 broke in two #62  
I think Rick is pretty close on this one. When you are focused on the task at hand, the front end of the tractor can rise up without you noticing it. I did that with my BX once, and it surprised me when it came down. Fortunately, it didn't rise much, and didn't do any damage. After that I made it a point to fill the bucket with gravel when I was digging in difficult places. Things like that can happen, but it looks like Kioti is giving the benefit of the doubt in this case.

/ Friends ck25 broke in two #63  
My dad used to say "some folks could break an anvil"

/ Friends ck25 broke in two #64  
TractorLegend said:
My dad used to say "some folks could break an anvil"

I used to say that about my son when he was growing up, Now he has twin 2 year old boys.... This will be fun to watch...

/ Friends ck25 broke in two #65  
I have a father in-law that well.......:eek:

/ Friends ck25 broke in two #67  
vic4news said:
The manuals for Woods backhoes state to keep the tires just off of the ground.
You want to keep the tractor low for a bigger footprint, but the weight needs to be off the tires.

dfkrug said:
I just checked the manual for the Woods 7500 backhoe, of which my
Prairie Dog hoe is a copy, and it says to support the weight of the tractor on
the outriggers and loader bucket. It does not say lift the wheels off the
ground.

I stand corrected. My manual for the BH-80x says basically the same thing. Use the stabilizers to carry the weight of the backhoe,
and lower the loader until weight is removed from the front tires. I interpreted this to mean that the wheels should be slightly off the ground,
but the weight could be removed from the tires and they could still be touching the ground.

It does go on to say that the stabilizers and loader should be used to level the tractor. If you were on a slope, I could easily see two wheels
being well off the ground.

/ Friends ck25 broke in two #68  
rimshot, rhud:

There is a substantial thread going on over in New Holland owning/operating about a cracked tractor - don't know how to link yet, but the title starts with a scream!

We'd be interested in the details. Even if it's a different brand, there may be something to be learned in comparing the loadings, attachments, circumstances, etc.

Thanks,

Tom

/ Friends ck25 broke in two #69  
I'm going to jump in here. My BIL is a landscaper, his employees broke his 15 year old NH compact TLB (don't know the model) in half. Right between the operators legs :eek: , had it welded, TWICE, broke it again and again. It now sits in two pieces. This was attributed to operator abuse (employees :rolleyes: ) and an inherent weak link (in the machine and between the ears)

/ Friends ck25 broke in two #70  
his employees broke his 15 year old NH compact TLB
If it was 15 years old, it did not have a subframe. The odd thing here is that it had a frame. It almost has to be a void in the castings. We see alot of tractors, and I can't say I've ever seen a machine snap when a subframe is installed... 3pt mouted, absolutly.

Well, I take that back... there was one... but a tree had fallen on it. You should have seen it!

I would hope Kioti would ask to see the castings to determine what happened and why the failure occured. We've seen several companies send out engineers and stuff too look at field failures like this. They should be able to say exactly what went wrong.