From a Kubota B2601 to Kioti CX2510. Am I nuts?

/ From a Kubota B2601 to Kioti CX2510. Am I nuts? #11  
Yeppers I agree…..but he’s already bought the CX25…..but maybe there’s still time to switch before it gets delivered? 😬

/ From a Kubota B2601 to Kioti CX2510. Am I nuts? #13  
Like I've said numerous times before, I'm not brand loyal at all, I'm dealer loyal always. A good and nearby dealer can and will make all the difference and in my case it's a Kubota dealer so I run Kubota tractors. Heck, they even deliver consumables like filters right to the farm, no charge for delivery and if one of my units needs to go in for something, I just drive up to the dealer and grab one of his roll back trucks and pick it up and take it there. What could be easier than that. I do put diesel in it as a courtesy thing however.

/ From a Kubota B2601 to Kioti CX2510. Am I nuts?
Yeppers I agree…..but he’s already bought the CX25…..but maybe there’s still time to switch before it gets delivered? 😬
There probably is, but I really don't want to do that. I feel that the CX is going to be the perfect size for me, especially since the B2601 has served my needs so far. I do realize that the CK is a lot more tractor for not a lot more money, but one can keep rationalizing that argument until you end up with a Case/Steiger 475 🫤😬

I am supposed to get my tractor next week. The dealer- or should I say salesman- has been absolutely atrocious. The sales guy told me 10 days ago that my tractor was ready, yet when I talked to their mechanic on Monday, he said he didn't know if he should put the third function on. Ummm, yes, yes, you should. I did talk to the store manager yesterday, and he was very apologetic and understood my concerns. But man, that sales guy. He oozes machismo and arrogance. He is a "retired" cop, although I wonder if he actually "retired," or "was retired." I told the manager that they needed to get rid of him, which he actually agreed.
So, my foray into the Kioti family has not been great so far, but I believe that it is because of the one POS salesman. My conversation with the mechanic on Monday was positive, so I am holding out hope that this situation improves.

Last edited:
   / From a Kubota B2601 to Kioti CX2510. Am I nuts? #15  
Meh, don't let a poor salesman frazzle you, I had a similar experience when shopping this go round also. Both the Kubota and Kioti sales people were extremely sub par, but both dealerships as a whole from experience are solid as are their machines.

/ From a Kubota B2601 to Kioti CX2510. Am I nuts? #16  
But man, that sales guy. He oozes machismo and arrogance. He is a "retired" cop, although I wonder if he actually "retired," or "was retired." I told the manager that they needed to get rid of him, which he actually agreed.
If the drummer is selling units and if that is putting money in the owner's till, why get rid of him. All about revenue and little else actually. One thing I learned long ago with retail sales is a manager agreeing with a customer means little to nothing because it's all about 'appeasing' the customer and then forgetting about it the second that customer walks out the door.

If the drummer is selling units and if that is putting money in the owner's till, why get rid of him. All about revenue and little else actually. One thing I learned long ago with retail sales is a manager agreeing with a customer means little to nothing because it's all about 'appeasing' the customer and then forgetting about it the second that customer walks out the door.
To a point, I agree. However, this Kioti dealer could put a lot more money in the owner's pocket if they had a decent sales guy. They are moving into a new building and a new location right on the main drag so they are committed to growing, but that will be difficult with the current personnel.
I paid for my tractor 11 days ago. Haven't heard a peep from the sales guy. Right now, I would like to be appeased. ;)

/ From a Kubota B2601 to Kioti CX2510. Am I nuts? #18  
At my age, appeasement is optional, especially when dealing with my Kubota dealer but then I do work for him part time so I keep my mouth shut about a lot of things.

He's been wanting me to sell tractors for a long time but he does just fine all by himself. He operates under the philosophy that if you want a new (or used) Kubota, fine with him and he never upsells anything, but then he's been in business for over 40 years and has a large following of customers anyway.

Far as I'm concerned, Kubota tractors sell themselves, at least around here they do in the small unit arena.

Last week he sold no less than 7 units and I bet he did very little to no promoting or upselling either.

That means I get to deliver them at some point and instruct the new owners on the 'care and feeding' of them as well.

First thing they get is the owners manual and I instruct them to read it and not file it away somewhere, then I have them actually get on a unit, start it and operate it with me watching and when I'm satisfied they have at least a basic understanding of the operating principles, they get the release form which they have to sign and I'm on my way, with possibly a trade in on the rollback.

My dealer sells a ton of used traded in tractors as well and everyone goes through the shop to make sure there are no major issues.

I have a Kubota F20 series front mount diesel powered mower coming in on trade that I have already reserved for me. I'll have the shop go entirely through it and replace or repair any issues, including new blades, change all the fluids (I have very little hands on experience with hydrostatic drives), grease it and make sure it's 100% lawn ready. It's a trade in from the county fair board btw. 2 wheel drive with a 70" front mount mower. I don't need a 4wd, it's flat here.

He actually has 2 of them used, on the front lot but won't sell me either one because both have the 'reformer' engines in them and that particular engine is a time bomb and he gets to deal with me personally and I'm sure he don't have any desire to hear me whine about anything.

Trading in my Cub Cadet 60" tank ZTR. I really like a ZTR but with a lot of trees to mow under, a mid mount deck is a real disadvantage for me. I want a mower I can get under the trees with, without poking myself with branches all the time.

Limited choices in that respect. Has to be either a Grass Hopper or the Kubota and has to be a diesel as well. Grass Hopper uses the Kubota diesel and transmission in their diesel powered mowers so my take is, why buy a Grass Hopper when I can buy the genuine article and it has to be used (and hopefully not too abused) as I really cannot afford a new one, just to mow lawns with.

Following up on this thread. I did purchase and take delivery of a new CX2510. It took longer than it should have because the sales dude was incapable of following through with anything.
For the most part, I am extremely happy with it. It seems that it is built very well and it feels larger than it really is. I love the sound of the engine, and no vibrations like my Kubota had. The cab is incredible, especially with the weather turning colder here. I plan on starting a thread highlighting the differences between the two, so that others may have a data point.
I did have a little oopsie with it already at the 4-hour mark. I might start a thread about that too.

Attachments

• PXL_20231122_145350966.jpg
    PXL_20231122_145350966.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 92
  • PXL_20231122_160608257.jpg
    PXL_20231122_160608257.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 95
   / From a Kubota B2601 to Kioti CX2510. Am I nuts? #20  
Following up on this thread. I did purchase and take delivery of a new CX2510. It took longer than it should have because the sales dude was incapable of following through with anything.
For the most part, I am extremely happy with it. It seems that it is built very well and it feels larger than it really is. I love the sound of the engine, and no vibrations like my Kubota had. The cab is incredible, especially with the weather turning colder here. I plan on starting a thread highlighting the differences between the two, so that others may have a data point.
I did have a little oopsie with it already at the 4-hour mark. I might start a thread about that too.
Nice, I'm supposed to get mine tomorrow or Wednesday. Can't wait.