From Cutting to Watering....

/ From Cutting to Watering.... #1  

letour93

Tractor
JD3320
My last post was about the removal of trees from my proeprty this post is about getting water to new trees that I would like to plant aroud the property. My wife and I would like to bring in some new evergreens and some new oaks/maples...some of the trees will be planted close to the existing house while others (oak/maples) will be planted along our new driveway which leads to where our new home will be built...my question is what would be the best way of maintaining these new trees (watering that is) I was thinking of picking up one of those 40 gallon tow behind sprayers...they go for about $1300 cdn...it would be great if I could everyones thoughts about what might work the best...

Thx:)

/ From Cutting to Watering.... #2  
I have a similar need to make water portable on my farm where I have scattered brush piles to burn. I'd like to have water close by just in case. I think a water tote will work. They are cheap and carry about 300 gallons. I've seen some for sale locally for $65. I'll just need to figure out how to connect a hose and will need a wagon to move it.

/ From Cutting to Watering.... #3  
I found a Pto pump, carryall and 50 gal sprayer setup last at an auction for $50.:) -- I pump into the barrel then just water using gravity into 5 gal buckets around each tree (small holes in the buckets to water more slowly)
Unless you need the sprayer for spraying, I would go with a carryall and some old plastic drums:eek: -- but I am frugal

/ From Cutting to Watering.... #4  
I use a carry-all and plastic 55 gallon drum like studor suggested. I use a short 1' stub of 3/4" hose with shut off so I can fill buckets fast, and can also attach a garden hose to that when watering small transplants. It works well for me, and the barrel has marks every 5 gallons on the side so I can monitor how much I put on each tree if needed. I also use the 5 gallon buckets with 3 or 4 1/8" holes along the bottom on one side to soak larger transplants.