From MF to Kubota B2920...

/ From MF to Kubota B2920... #21  
I removed BH for first time to borrow a friend's tiller and no HST whining with BH off! Put it back on and the whine was back the same. I'm getting used to the noisy HST, but I just want to make sure it is not a problem. Any opinions?

I have to say off the top of my head, I don't recall noticing any difference in my HST with the BH on or off. I take my BH on and off regularly and I will try to pay attention next time and see.

Do you think you might be getting air in the system, or maybe something to do with your 3pt raise lower valve since that is the circuit the BH runs off of? I know the manual says not to move the 3pt control to the raise position while the BH is on or the vavle could be damaged. Mine has a swivel bracket to lock the 3pt lever in the down position. I wouldn't think that the BH is enough weight to cause that much extra strain on the HST. :confused:

/ From MF to Kubota B2920... #22  
Oh by the way, Great job on the project !! :)

/ From MF to Kubota B2920...
Jeff,
Thanks for the reply. I have the lock down bracket also and since I used the 3pt I thought that may get any air out of system. I think you are right about possible source being 3pt valve. Like I said it was quite noticeable how much quieter HST was at any RPM with BH off. Let me know next time you have your BH off. In the meantime, I'm very happy I have the unit...just need some more research on this one issue. I know that some of the TLB's are factory assembled which is what I would have preferred, but from what I could see the dealer install of BH was very good. I might e-mail Kubota to see if they will give an opinion.
TP

/ From MF to Kubota B2920... #24  
Well I had my BH on and off. On mine I it only seemed like a small difference in the HST noise. It seemed quieter/smoother with the BH off and then quiter/smoother again when I take the FEL off. I believe mine is mostly due to the extra weight. I did however notice when I was using the BH that I had a valve that was not returning all the way back to center and shutting off, or something like that. Every once in a while I could hear just a little hiss of fluid moving. Then I could fiddle with the controls a bit and get it to stop sometimes. I am not sure what it might be, because it did not seem to be associated with any one particular valve.

Sorry this probably hasn't helped much. I can tell you I have decided that I am going to take mine to the dealer to see what he thinks of the way mine is operating (I think it might be getting worse?) and I am going to try and compare mine to another new tractor to see if there is a difference. You might try the same.

Good Luck,

/ From MF to Kubota B2920...
Jeff,
Thanks for follow-up, I e-mailed Barlow's about HST noise and was told they would ask their Service dept. and get back to me. Post what you find out when dealer goes over your BH.

Did you see that old thread under Kubota owning/operating that came back about "B7610 squealing noise" It was pretty interesting solution, just by chance I'm going to see if mine has a similar set-up...worth a try.
TP

/ From MF to Kubota B2920... #26  
I have a BX 23, and really like the feel while mowing with out the FEL and BH. I have a question about the Hoses, When I take the BH off, I plug the two hoses, into each other in the rear of the tractor, ( ones, that Hook the BH Up) I notice when putting the BH back on after a few hours of mowing, that these hoses, are very HOT. Does the fluid keep moving throuh the lines, when hooked back into each other? Should I not, hook them into each other? Just wanted to see what y'll though about this.

/ From MF to Kubota B2920... #27  
You have to hook the hoses back together. It is normal for them to get very warm, I am not sure about very hot. I don't believe fluid should be moving thru the hoses unless you are using your 3pt hitch. Your 3pt control valve may not be centering, but I would think you would notice your 3pt hitch raising or something. Your hydraulic fluid will get hot from the HST from mowing and everything on the tractor uses the same hydraulic fluid so it is normal for the hydraulic stuff to warm up as well.

I would guess what you are experiencing is normal. :)