Snow Front Blade or Snow blower ??

/ Front Blade or Snow blower ?? #11  
Ok here it is. Was wondering what would be better for snow removal. A 5' blade or a frnt mount snowblower. Here on the seacoast of mass we either get just a couple of inches or really walloped with 12 inches or more. So what are the opinions. A place to pile the snow isn't an issue. I have used the loader in the past but it is a pain in the a@#. Isnt wide enough and the snow falls back under the wheels and gets packed down. So what does everyone think.

My Honda 6522 has similar power to your BX, but I think is a bit larger. I used the 5' power angle blade for 1 1/2 winters to clear about 10,000 sq ft (gravel). The setup is more than adequate for most of our snow, however with the 8" - 10" snow where it rains / drifts / freezes, it was a real struggle for the Honda. I also found that with very little lift on the front blade, when trying to push the snow back - I have lots of room also - it was quite easy to get stuck from the blade and QA getting hung up on the snow.

Initially with the JD 3320 I was going to get a 72" or 84" FEL mount blade, but after trying the FEL 61" bucket I probably won't bother. I find one pass down the center of the drive gives me a good start. I then drive down each side until the bucket starts to fill and then veer to the side and dump and then drive some more. In retrospect, probably should have gotten a 72" bucket. For my local snow conditions, a blower would be almost impossible to justify.

In the end, local snow conditions and your pocket book will likely lead you to an optimal solution.

/ Front Blade or Snow blower ?? #12  
Many posts on this topic, use the search feature to find many hours of reading.

Here is one

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...g-snow-bx.html

The advantage of a snowblower rear or front is you can move that snow far away on the initial pass and it does not build up. Down side is $$. In my view I think the snow removal options based on $$ are as follows:

1. Front snowblower with a cab, $$$$$$$, I think this is the best snow machine
2. Front snowblower with no cab, $$$$$$
3. Rear snowblower with a cab, $$$$$
4. Rear snowblower with no cab, $$$$
5. Front hydraulic blade $$$$
6. Fel and Rear blade, $$$
7. Fel only $$
8. Rear blade only $

Based on time I think if you follow the $$$ list above, that being the more $$ you spend the faster and warmer you will be. I guess the best is to just let someone do it for you, BUT that will reduce seat time.:D