Front end loader forks for brush

/ Front end loader forks for brush #11  
Hi Guys,

Can anyone lend advice on using bolt on or chain on forks on a front end loader to move brush? Is there any safety issue other then overloading or having the load roll back over onto the operator? Any brand of fork better than the other? I have a lot of trees to cut and moving all the branches is getting to be a pain. I want to get a brush grapple but the war department will not let me spend the money. She tells me moving all branches by hand is good exercise for me.

Thanks
Damon

I have clamp on, if that is what you mean. They were strong enough to lift my backhoe off my truck.

/ Front end loader forks for brush #12  
Wish I would have made them out of next larger size tubing ( bent one ).

What size did you use?

Bruce

/ Front end loader forks for brush #13  
I have the chain on type forks for my little Kubota L3400. Tried them to move logs with just a 2x4 back brace. Both immediately broke. So I welded 1/4", 2x4 steel square tubing on back. Now there's no danger of the logs rolling back on me, and I can run up under a brush stack of any size, tilt and go.

/ Front end loader forks for brush #15  
I built a set of forks last year for my kubota, I used a thick wall 1 1/2 tubing and a couple of pieces of angle, have 5 tubes across a 5ft bucket. It was probably overkill but I can move brush by the truckload, they work very well, and everyone who has seen them has commented about how well they work. I would highly recommend either building a set or buying a set if you have much acreage to keep up.

/ Front end loader forks for brush #16  
I use my quick attach forks all the time to move brush. Works great! I can carry massive piles.

Do u have a quick attach loader?

/ Front end loader forks for brush #17  
I bought a set of clamp on forks with my BX 25 and they worked fair, bought one more to put in the middle, now I can really pick up some piles of brush and limbs. Use it a lot to dump an the top of burning piles of brush. I keep a good hot fire running all day that way. The brush just slides right off as I as I curl down while backing off the pile. I even pick up stumps that the 25 will lift and move them around. Works good to keep pushing the stuff on the edges into the pile also. Need ballast on the 3PT though.

Ron

/ Front end loader forks for brush #18  
I have a bucket fork that is about 18 years old and has served me well. It slips on and off and is bolted at the rear of bucket. This weekend I discovered that the rear crossmember has rusted pretty bad. It has a few holes and the metal has caved, difficult to see in pictures, in spots.

I need to either weld a plate over or replace the crossmember. Replacement is best but I would have to find a replacement piece as I know I do not have any in stock. This would give me another few years of use.

Attachments

• Forks.JPG
    Forks.JPG
    208.3 KB · Views: 1,127
  • Forks 1.JPG
    Forks 1.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 472
  • Forks 2.JPG
    Forks 2.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 424
   / Front end loader forks for brush #19  
Attached are photos of Payne's Clamp-On Debris Forks in Aluminum. Pricey @ $775 delivered but they work great. Only fifty pounds. Here is a links to Payne's web page, which is out of date. Call and they will readily tell you they have both steel and aluminum debris forks.

Bucket Solutions also offers clamp-on debris forks.

Paynesforks.com - Tractor & Skid Steer Bucket Forks Attachments

Bucket Forks, Tractor Forks, Loader Forks by Bucket Solutions

I used the debris forks today to scoop up several big piles of brush and wild grape vines I had consolidated with the rake on an ABI Gravel Rascal. The arrow shape tips allow me to get under most piles and then lift them without getting off the tractor. With the big pile in photo #4 I did have to get off and tuck in "ends" before proceeding to the burn pile.

Attachments

• IMG_0312.JPG
    IMG_0312.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 634
  • IMG_0313.JPG
    IMG_0313.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 512
  • IMG_0314.JPG
    IMG_0314.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_0317.JPG
    IMG_0317.JPG
    193.9 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:
   / Front end loader forks for brush #20  
Keep in mind also having hooks welded to the top of your bucket can come in handy for lifting bulky items of course. I have two hooks welded on top, then use two chains with hooks at either end, has worked like a champ so far for multiple items. Longer the chains, the bigger brush pile you can lift. Just lay the chains out, pile your branches across the chains, then wrap the chains over and hook-em!140115 430 log haulin1.jpg140115 430 log haulin3.jpg