Front End Loader lift capacity for Case DX 45

/ Front End Loader lift capacity for Case DX 45 #11  
Invest $30 in a pressure gauge as a pressure test is the most basic one to determine if your tractor and FEL is performing to spec.
DCjr8Bp.jpg

I sure don't understand the changing of tires being related to FEL lift capability.

Dave

/ Front End Loader lift capacity for Case DX 45 #12  
I don't think that tractor is any good anymore .I'll help u out and take it 4 10,000.:laughing:But seriously should a pressure gauge like that have a tee in it so you don't dead head flow .At least that is what I have read.I won' t go crazy checking things it sounds like it is at it's max. 16 la loader is maxed out at 1600 lbs. full hgt. So u are close to max depending how much forks weigh and how far forward weight is .Cheapest solution is to pull a couple bags off but who the h,.l want's to do that.P.S. that's my dream tractor .:drink:

/ Front End Loader lift capacity for Case DX 45 #13  
Dave M7040 - - regarding going to 8 ply front tires. I don't think boot farmer expects the tires to increase the lifting capacity. He's expecting that whatever is lifted won't flatten the front tires so much OR roll them off the rim on a sharp turning action.

/ Front End Loader lift capacity for Case DX 45 #14  
I've a Case DX 45 that works great for the most part, however, when lifting 2000 pounds of feed out of the back of a trailer my FEL won't lift. I've replaced the front tires with 8 ply and even tried carrying the brush hog or auger attachment on the rear to no avail. I've read before it should lift 2000 pounds, though need to find a solution.

I had about the same problem. Needed to be able to lift some 3000 lb blocks from chains going from the bucket hooks and over the front lip of the bucket. Our little tractor could push that much weight around, but couldn't lift it. Had to get those blocks moved, so we got a different tractor. A JD310.

The literature says yours will lift 2000 lbs at the bucket pivot. No way will it lift much more than half that amount out a few feet from the pivot. Maybe 1000 lbs if your are lucky out at the tip of the bucket. Same as me, I can lift 200 lbs if I keep it close to my body, but not if it's out at arm's length.

Sure, there are tricks. There are always ways to make any machine work hard enough to hurt itself. But the Case DX45 is way too nice a tractor to do those things to. All that would happen if you strengthened the hydraulics is that some of the frame and axle joints would begine to bend & break. Sounds to me like the Case engineers did a pretty good job of setting it up so it wouldn't hurt itself. Good on them.

I'm thinking your best solution lifting 2000 lbs of feed is to do it in 1000 lb. sections. You could do whatever it takes to make that happen and just get on with it. Otherwise if you just have to lift 2000 lbs at a crack, you are going to be buying a tractor twice the size of the DX45 - and hoping it is half as good.

Good Luck,
rScotty

/ Front End Loader lift capacity for Case DX 45 #15  
Dave M7040 - - regarding going to 8 ply front tires. I don't think boot farmer expects the tires to increase the lifting capacity. He's expecting that whatever is lifted won't flatten the front tires so much OR roll them off the rim on a sharp turning action.

Ask the owner for the rated load capacity of the tires that are spec'd for the tractor. Multiply x 2

I will bet the spec'd tires at rated pressure will carry the 2,000 # loader bucket material, the bucket and 40% of the tractor weight.

Add an 8 ply tires and inflate it to its max pressure, unless the rim is rated for an 8 ply tire, you risk a rim flange failure.

Dave M7040

/ Front End Loader lift capacity for Case DX 45 #16  
Hmmm - - interesting point you make there Dave. I've thought at times of going to 10 or 12 ply on the front tires. My OEM tires are Titan - 6 ply. At suggested max pressure - 30psi - they do get a bit "goosey" those few time I really lift a heavy load. Otherwise - no problems at all.

/ Front End Loader lift capacity for Case DX 45 #17  

The literature says yours will lift 2000 lbs at the bucket pivot. No way will it lift much more than half that amount out a few feet from the pivot. Maybe 1000 lbs if your are lucky out at the tip of the bucket.

That's only true if you are lifting at the max lift height of the loader.

The geometry is as such that the loader is much stronger down low. And most loaders can usually lift 2x their max height lift rating at ground level.

Many people call it under rated. Nope. Just geometry.

Breakout force is a good indication of what a loader will lift at ground level.

Some mfgs give specs to a lesser height, like lift cap to 1.5 meters, or 59" or so. Others publish a graph of the curve in the loader manual.

But I would pity anyone with a modern 45hp machine that could "maybe 1000 pounds if you are lucky" at the bucket edge ground level

/ Front End Loader lift capacity for Case DX 45 #18  
When I built my water-wood stove I figured it weighed about 1600 lbs. I lifted it with my DX35 without the bucket attached. I only had to move it about 100 ft. but it was squirrelly.

/ Front End Loader lift capacity for Case DX 45 #19  
Hmmm - - interesting point you make there Dave. I've thought at times of going to 10 or 12 ply on the front tires. My OEM tires are Titan - 6 ply. At suggested max pressure - 30psi - they do get a bit "goosey" those few time I really lift a heavy load. Otherwise - no problems at all.

On newer tractors you can often find load ratings on the rims.

Flange failure has killed many unsuspecting owners who figure more plies and more pressure is better.

Dave M7040

/ Front End Loader lift capacity for Case DX 45 #20  
Doesn't the FEL Quick Attach extend the load forward. If the dimension forward of the pivot pin is critical, a pin-on bucket or set of forks would provide slightly greater lift capacity?