Front End Loader Pressure check

/ Front End Loader Pressure check
When we hooked up the wet dry vac it was hooked up backwards and when I started to remove the relief plug a little oil came out. About a cup came out of the tractor but most of that was on me.:eek:

/ Front End Loader Pressure check #12  
Dex3361,
I am going to purchase the kit I seen on here and test mine when I get it in. You hooked the wet/dry vaccum up just so the fluid did not leak while changing the shims correct? Also if I do test it and the pressure is below factory specs, is that something I should take to the dealler and have them check/adjust under warn?

Dex3361,
I am going to purchase the kit I seen on here and test mine when I get it in. You hooked the wet/dry vaccum up just so the fluid did not leak while changing the shims correct? Also if I do test it and the pressure is below factory specs, is that something I should take to the dealler and have them check/adjust under warn?

If it was very low you might have the dealer deal with the issue. With that in mind it would take less time to adjust the pressure than load the tractor on a trailer let alone haul it in. The tractor that I adjusted the pressure on was the second one that I did and it only took a few minutes pictures and all. The shims were a few dollars for a an assortment and I would rather service my own machine.

/ Front End Loader Pressure check #14  
Randall,
Where are the pictures ? I would like to see where the valve is that gets shimmed.
BGBill

/ Front End Loader Pressure check #15  
I have a BX25. Should have mentioned that. I'm looking for a picture that shows the valve on the 25.

thanks, BGBill

/ Front End Loader Pressure check #18  
Thanks for posting this, I have a L4610 and also think my lift capacity isn't what it should be. I have wanted to check the pressure and will do so the way you showed. Where do I get one of those fancy quick connect pressure gauges?

/ Front End Loader Pressure check #19  
You make one up. Obtain a 3000 psi hyd gage , a short hose, and QD fitting for the end. Plug the QD into one of the valves and activate the lever, and the pressure relief psi setting will show on the gage.

Or put a QD on the gage.

Attachments

• !Hyd test set.JPG
    !Hyd test set.JPG
    344.4 KB · Views: 239
  • !HYD  GAGE QD.jpg
    !HYD GAGE QD.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 323
Thanks for posting this, I have a L4610 and also think my lift capacity isn't what it should be. I have wanted to check the pressure and will do so the way you showed. Where do I get one of those fancy quick connect pressure gauges?

Tractor supply has the gauge and fittings.