Front loader level indicator

/ Front loader level indicator #1  

Rcsask

Bronze Member
Tractor
none
I just got my tractor and the level Indicator is confusing. Unless the dealer set it up wrong but when it's flush the bucked is digging in still. How does everyone else have there? Really wish there was a work around to get something that kubota uses where it falls into the bend part seems much easier to see from the cab.

/ Front loader level indicator #2  
I'm sure someone will be along to answer your question. Meanwhile I happened to run across this short video reminding me of a bucket level indicator:

/ Front loader level indicator #3  
I just got my tractor and the level Indicator is confusing. Unless the dealer set it up wrong but when it's flush the bucked is digging in still. How does everyone else have there? Really wish there was a work around to get something that kubota uses where it falls into the bend part seems much easier to see from the cab.
It should be adjustable, set it up however you like. I have mine on the cab tractor set so it is about and inch off the ground because that is the tractor I use to move snow with and don't want it to dig into the gravel.

/ Front loader level indicator
It should be adjustable, set it up however you like. I have mine on the cab tractor set so it is about and inch off the ground because that is the tractor I use to move snow with and don't want it to dig into the gravel.

So it's flush with the top of the orange tube part?

/ Front loader level indicator #5  
I just set my bucket flat, then cut my level indictor rod so its flush with the tube.

/ Front loader level indicator #6  
I can easily see the flat top of my bucket so I don't use the level indicator.
I have seen operators adjust the rod (or cut) so it's flush with the tube, depending on design. Paint marks or tape also work.

/ Front loader level indicator #7  
No idea how your dealer set it up or if they did. Also no idea what your specific indicator looks like....but...

Park it on flat level surface and make the bucket level. Now what does the indicator look like? Either make a mental note where level is...or adjust?modify the indicator to your liking. But even a level bucket can still dig in, or not dig at all....unless you are on perfectly flat land.

/ Front loader level indicator #8  
I don't worry about mine. At all. It's off by a little bit so I just make a mental note and continue to march

If you're on a slight grade in either direction, it isn't right no matter what. So you can jump through hoops, cut this, cut that, mark this and that, move attachment points all over the place and --

It still isn't gonna be perfect.

Then, if you do happen to get it set just right for your bucket (good luck) when you put your forks on, it ain't right.

Then your grapple; and it's got a different understanding of what's level.

You can do what you want to. It's your tractor but I liken fiddle-fartin' with the level indicator to re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Just my .02c and worth even less :)

Congratulations on your new tractor and tell us what you've got by filling in your info.

Welcome to TBN. It is the most helpful tractor site on the 'net

/ Front loader level indicator #9  
I like my indicator to be correct. Since it is a rod going through a hole in a plate. I found level and painted one color above and another below. Easy enough to do and use.

/ Front loader level indicator #10  
I like my indicator to be correct. Since it is a rod going through a hole in a plate. I found level and painted one color above and another below. Easy enough to do and use.
So do I.
I have my indicator cut dead on when the rod is flush with the tube.
And the indicator being correct does help by a lot IMO.