Grading Front Manual Plow Blade

/ Front Manual Plow Blade #1  

Chief1Chief

Tractor
John Deere 4310
I recently purchased a used front plow blade for my JD 4310. It is a manual blade but it appears to have been sold as a John Deere product. It appears to be able to accept a hydraulic kit for angling the blade. Can anyone suggest where I might find a conversion kit in the aftermarket?

/ Front Manual Plow Blade #2  
Welcome to TBN:D

The cylinders that JD uses are kind of oddballs, so aftermarket will be hard to find, you will also need(want) the crossover relief valve that protects the frame/cylinders from damage.

To buy the parts from JD are available to do it properly. What model blade is it?

/ Front Manual Plow Blade
Thanks for the info. Have no idea what the model is. It is a 6 ft blade. I have some pictures but not sure how to post here. Would be glad to email some to you. You may be able to figure out which one it is.

/ Front Manual Plow Blade #4  
I have the same blade and yes it is the same as the hydralic unit. When I priced the hydralic kit for it it was over $600 bucks. And you won't find cheap cylinders to fit. Like Kenny said JD used oddballs, I looked for over a year.

Matt:confused:

/ Front Manual Plow Blade
Thanks GWH - Do you know the model number of your blade? I have created a photo album with some pictures of the blade. I just spoke to a salesperson at the nearest JD dealer and he was not sure if the blade was a JD, Frontier product, Curtis, etc. The blade set-up was definitely made to put a conversion kit on. Does yours have an identification plate with model and serial number on it? Where is it located on the plow/frame?

Van

/ Front Manual Plow Blade #6  
Use two single acting snow plow cylinders. They are all over the place and cheap. As you can see. It works for me. If you don't have loader circuits available, keep the snowplow electric over oil controls. Done.

/ Front Manual Plow Blade #7  
Thanks GWH - Do you know the model number of your blade? I have created a photo album with some pictures of the blade. I just spoke to a salesperson at the nearest JD dealer and he was not sure if the blade was a JD, Frontier product, Curtis, etc. The blade set-up was definitely made to put a conversion kit on. Does yours have an identification plate with model and serial number on it? Where is it located on the plow/frame?

Van

No, doesn't have a id on it. It's made by deere for sure. There's a fellow on here that had the hydralic unit and sold it to another member. His handle is bloomington Mike I believe. I had asked him what the model number was and then gave it to my dealer. You might try to PM him for the info. If you don't have any luck there my dealer has a used hydo plow for sale. They'll be able to tell you the model number. PM me if you want there contact info.

Matt:cool:

/ Front Manual Plow Blade #8  
Use two single acting snow plow cylinders. They are all over the place and cheap. As you can see. It works for me. If you don't have loader circuits available, keep the snowplow electric over oil controls. Done.

The regular Meyers/Fisher type SA plow cylinders will NOT fit the JD blade without modification.

/ Front Manual Plow Blade #10