Front mount snow blade

/ Front mount snow blade #21  
That's a nice set-up. I'm drooling. :drool: And kicking myself because I passed on a $150. Meyers this fall :ashamed:

/ Front mount snow blade #22  
The blade is spring loaded. If it hits something hard it will fold over.

True but that does NOT protect the loader for the side load/torque. People break A frames on truck mounted plows from this also.

/ Front mount snow blade
True but that does NOT protect the loader for the side load/torque. People break A frames on truck mounted plows from this also.

I am sure that they do. Even the best engineered piece of equipment can break or be broken if not used for what it was intended for. My buddy has a backhoe that had the front bushings ripped out of the lift arms from the previous owner.

I know this is a small tractor and can only do so much. With that being said, I won't be trying to push 4' tall drifts or bulldoze down trees. I built this to clear small concrete and blacktop parking lots. I will also not add any extra weight for traction. As for speed, I wont be running in 3rd gear in high range either.

Is there a possibility of breaking the FEL frame? Yes there is.

When you mount your rear blade on your tractor and start plowing, is there a possibility of catching the outside end of the blade on something and breaking a lift arm or bending the blade? Yes there is.

/ Front mount snow blade #24  
I am sure that they do. Even the best engineered piece of equipment can break or be broken if not used for what it was intended for. My buddy has a backhoe that had the front bushings ripped out of the lift arms from the previous owner.

I know this is a small tractor and can only do so much. With that being said, I won't be trying to push 4' tall drifts or bulldoze down trees. I built this to clear small concrete and blacktop parking lots. I will also not add any extra weight for traction. As for speed, I wont be running in 3rd gear in high range either.

Is there a possibility of breaking the FEL frame? Yes there is.

When you mount your rear blade on your tractor and start plowing, is there a possibility of catching the outside end of the blade on something and breaking a lift arm or bending the blade? Yes there is.

I was pointing out that the springs do NOT protect like implied.

/ Front mount snow blade #25  
I curretly in the process of building a FEL mount snow plow for my JD2320. I'm gettin g tired of using the bucket..:thumbsup:

/ Front mount snow blade #26  
I curretly in the process of building a FEL mount snow plow for my JD2320. I'm gettin g tired of using the bucket..:thumbsup:

Good luck! I had one on my 4110-similar in size to the 2320...I hated it. It stuck out to far, and because of the leverage it applied to the front end steering was near impossible. The tractor was just to light.

/ Front mount snow blade #27  
It will be right up against the loader arms as it will not angle. I find the bucket digs as of the angle it on. I figured the blade since the cutting edge is nearly 90degs it won't bite as hard therefor putting less strees on the loader arms.

/ Front mount snow blade #28  
It will be right up against the loader arms as it will not angle. I find the bucket digs as of the angle it on. I figured the blade since the cutting edge is nearly 90degs it won't bite as hard therefor putting less strees on the loader arms.
Hmmm! Keep us posted.

/ Front mount snow blade #29  
BillK
The weight of the plow assembly is not an issue-I doubt that it ways as much as my 72" HD bucket when its full of processed stone (3/4 and dust). I do have a 550 lb concrete weight block, chains and loaded tires so that helps too.

By the way I see you answered one of my other questions regarding just how you were tying the bucket cylinders in-you are going direct from the valve. I would suggest however that you do put a cross cushion valve in. I plow mostly unpaved surfaces and every know and then I will catch a raised rock and while the spring loaded blade will tip, the cushion valve lets the blade rotate without twisting everything. When I built mine I was clueless to to such a thing and someone suggested it-glad he did-they work.

Oh and by the way I saw your comment on weight- my two cents is that rear weight is a safety issue. Whjen you start raising tghe blade to stack snow, believe me that stability is nice-to say nothing of the traction benefit.

One other thing I like about your set up is your ability to use downpressure for back blading aweay from doors-nice feature!

/ Front mount snow blade #30  
billkater,
I'm not a big fan of loader mounted snow plows, But I do llike the way you set yours back as far as possible. and that box frame part looks solid, that lower and mid box cross member really stiffen up the front of those arms. If something drastic does happen it wont be to the lower/front of the arms IMO.

You say you will not be abusing it but we all say that, when the snow gets deep and heavy you have no choice, but to push it to the max.
I've been pushing my frame mounted plow this year so hard I fully expect something to break.
I do wish I had the ability to raise the plow more than 2 ft off the ground though, being loader mounted should make it easier for you to stack the snow higher and push it back.

If I get the piles at the right angle I can drive right up like a dozer and push the snow up high and over the top, But some of the piles pack in short and I can't get up them, still they are 6 ft high.

Good luck, JB.