Front-Mount Snow Blower Options for a John Deere 2032R

/ Front-Mount Snow Blower Options for a John Deere 2032R #11  
You do say your driveway is long and skinny however would moving up to a 60" plus blower clear the drive in less passes than than the 54"? I assume you are interested in a wider blower to make the job go quicker but that will only happen if you are taking less passes.

/ Front-Mount Snow Blower Options for a John Deere 2032R
You do say your driveway is long and skinny however would moving up to a 60" plus blower clear the drive in less passes than than the 54"? I assume you are interested in a wider blower to make the job go quicker but that will only happen if you are taking less passes.

That's a great point and one of the reasons I'm torn. The driveway is a touch over 11' wide. That means I need to clear around 132". Even the 63" blower won't do it in one trip down and back, especially with any overlap. Once I'm making two trips I could pretty easily clear the whole thing with a blower under 40"...

That's just the straight part of the driveway, though. The drive forks off and there is an apron going to both of my garages (one is a wide 3-car and the other is a bit over the width of a 2-car) and they both have small turn-arounds to clear. That's where the wider blower might result in fewer passes. However, it's not a big area so it isn't likely to make that much of a difference in the time I'm out there. Honestly, I'd like more width but it's not the biggest issue I have with the 54" JD blower.

The 54" blower from John Deere just doesn't seem very heavy-duty. It's hard to find specifications, but it seems that it weighs about 150# less than the Kubota blower because it's made of thinner materials. The impeller blade on the Deere blower is made of plastic. I can replace that with a metal version that's available but I'm worried about what that says about the design philosophy of the implement. Are the bearings, gearbox, etc. also light-weight? It just comes down to the feeling in my gut that the 54" blower was designed to go on a big lawn tractor and not a small utility tractor.

I talked to the JD dealer today. He confirmed that the 59" blower (which is much beefier) won't go on the 2-series tractor without fabrication work. That's not my bag, so I think that's out. I need plug-and-play for my first (and most important) implement.

I'm still having him email me his best price on the tractor, loader, forks, blower, and ballast box. I _do_ like the JD controls and loader better. The Kubota makes more power and has a much nicer snowblower available. I think either will serve me well, so I just need to figure out what is more important to me.

/ Front-Mount Snow Blower Options for a John Deere 2032R #13  
IMO, comparing an open station JD to a cabbed Kubota is no comparison at all, especially so when one of the main jobs is snowblowing!

I've done both, and a cab w/front mount blower pretty much can't be beat when the job calls for a snowblower rather than a plow or blade.

bumper

IMO, comparing an open station JD to a cabbed Kubota is no comparison at all, especially so when one of the main jobs is snowblowing!

I've done both, and a cab w/front mount blower pretty much can't be beat when the job calls for a snowblower rather than a plow or blade.

bumper

Both tractors I'm looking at are open station. The cabbed tractors won't fit through my (standard residential) garage door.

/ Front-Mount Snow Blower Options for a John Deere 2032R #15  
Both tractors I'm looking at are open station. The cabbed tractors won't fit through my (standard residential) garage door.

And here I thought my garage doors were "standard" and my B3350 cab fits right in. Oops, they are 8' high doors with about 94" clearance. My B3350 has R4 tires and to top of the cab is 84" or a hair over - - that's with the hoe on so a fair amount of rear weight. Don't think it'll quite fit in a 7' door.

bumper

Thanks for all the advice. I decided to order the 2032R with the 54" blower. Our drive is all paved, so it shouldn't be too hard on a blower and I think that it will hold up just fine. If i destroy it within a few seasons, then I will know that I need to find a beefier option...

HIya,

Have you called Erskine? They make a line of blowers that run off the rear PTO and use a 3 pt type blower on the front of the tractor.

Skidsteer Attachments - Erskine Attachments LLC

Tom

I did consider it, but it's over $7k. The John Deere is so much cheaper that I decided to take a risk with the lighter-duty model. If I made a mistake, the Erskine will probably replace the John Deere blower.

/ Front-Mount Snow Blower Options for a John Deere 2032R #19  
I have the 47" version on my 2210 and honestly as "light" built as it seems compared to some other snow blowers I think you would have to abuse it quite badly to damage it much less destroy it. I am not particularly brand loyal with anything(tractors include JD, Kubota, and Cub Cadets... and we won't start on motorcycles :) but based on your initial comments of preferring most things about the John Deere I am glad to see that is what you went with.

I have the 47" version on my 2210 and honestly as "light" built as it seems compared to some other snow blowers I think you would have to abuse it quite badly to damage it much less destroy it. I am not particularly brand loyal with anything(tractors include JD, Kubota, and Cub Cadets... and we won't start on motorcycles :) but based on your initial comments of preferring most things about the John Deere I am glad to see that is what you went with.

That's great to hear. We had sleet on our drive home from the dealer, so it can't show up soon enough!